Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Who's running e85 On stock steel tank?

Started by mkdvl · 29 Sept 2014 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

mkdvlArchived member
just seeing who's running e85 on there stock steel tank, do you guys recommend running any sealer inside the tanks such as KBS or POR15? To prevent the tank from rusting? Or will the e85 start to flake off that sealant inside the tank and cause more problems? Any thoughts ..
0 likes
MAX PSIArchived member
I removed tank and used por15 to seal tank,remove fuel sender as it will coat everything thick,works great tho
0 likes
vlturbo33Archived member
Pretty much everyone I know except my self an 1 mate run the standard tank an they have never had any issues
0 likes
mkdvlArchived member
Is anyone running e85 and has sealed there tank? Cause I have heard that the e85 will eventually cause rust in the tank and I don't want rust running through my fuel lines. Also I don't want that sealer stuff to start peeling off also soo just seeing what everyone is doing when running e85..
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT