Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Did vls come with different length steering column shafts? I replaced the steering column in my vl now the spring and circlip wont go on the top because the shaft seems shorter than the one i took out and the wheel only goes on the spline about a quarter of an inch. Can anybody shed some light on this for me please. Thanks Garry
0 likes
They are a collapsible column check all those lengths first
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevspec
[View Post]
They are a collapsible column check all those lengths first
Thanks for your input kevspec. I pulled the column back out, pulled the shaft out and lo n behold the original shaft is about 3/4 of an inch longer than the shaft from the replacement column. I got the column out of an identical car apart from interior colour. So its got me stuffed.
0 likes