15-09-14, 11:23 GMT+10#1
Hey guys just after abit of advice. Recently had my ute (bt50 2010) in at my mechanics to fix an overheating problem anyway there was a massive hailstorm the other arvo and my car was the only one out at the time as he was about to drive it home to see if the overheating problem was fixed. Long story short it coped the hail mostly to the bonnet and only ever so slightly on the roof. My mechanic told me when I got there that he had rung his insurance and they wouldn't cover it as it was "an act of god" and the car wasn't in his workshop. He wanted me to use my insurance but my excesses is over $1800. He has agreed to pay for half a new bonnet as I don't have 1800 to spend on my excess right now. Do I have a leg to stand on here as he is saying it's not his fault but obviously it is. Also would my car be written off or repaired does anyone know? It is insured for $23000 btw..
0 likes
