Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

[WTB - VIC] Yank in Oz wants a VL Turbo badly ($$4000)

Started by CrapCan · 8 Aug 2014 · 10 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

CrapCanArchived member
For Sale? Or Wanted? WTB Price/Amount $4000 Open to Swap? No State VIC Short Description for title? Yank in Oz wants a VL Turbo badly Genuine Turbo Motor? A8? Yes Transmission? MANUAL Currently Registered? Yes REGO/VIN Number? - Contact Info Other than this Forum? [email removed] Description Hi guys, A bit of background here. I'm an American who lived in Melbourne for a while and got addicted to Aussie cars as well a CAMS sprints. So far I've had a couple of Falcons (I know, I know) and have an XE ute here in the states. I'm coming over to Australia in September for about 6 weeks starting mid-September for work and would like to buy a VL Turbo to drive while I'm there and ship home at the end of my trip. I've driven a VL 5.0 and loved it and it would beat a Yaris rental. I'm familiar with the process of buying, registering, and driving cars in Australia (go wait at VicRoads, RWC BS, know the hoon law...) so that part shouldn't be a worry. I'm looking for the following:VL Turbo of any trim level - BT1 to Calais, It doesn't matter too much to me Due to US import laws, it can't be an engine swapped car and must be a factory turbo car 5 Speed preferred If it has LPG, you can keep the setup as it's not importable to the US Wheels, color, interior type don't really matter too much but I like plain Jane cars. A white car with steelies is great. It definitely does not need to be perfect but nice enough to where I can drive it without issues and won't need a bunch of spares when I get home Engine, Suspension, Driveline mods are fine. A car that's turned up a bit is also great but so is stock. RWC is unfortunately a must but we can negotiate this. If I've gotta fix some stuff that's OK but I might need to borrow your tools! Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to getting away from the Falcons and into a VL. -Matt
0 likes
zvonkoArchived member
Hey Matt, which state in Aus will you be staying/ living?
0 likes
CrapCanArchived member
Flexible on the price and if it's a genuine A8 car. I think I can get around this.
0 likes
CrapCanArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by zvonko [View Post] Hey Matt, which state in Aus will you be staying/ living? I'll be living in Southeast Melbourn but I'm willing to travel to get a car.
0 likes
SinArchived member
Cool good luck. Keep us updated on sending the VL to USA, getting registered and photos with USA plates Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
red vlcArchived member
Can't help you out with your question, but I'm guessing this is Shermatt of Mustang fame? Am I right?
0 likes
CrapCanArchived member
No, I'm just regular Matt. I plan on totally wasting Mustangs with this thing.
0 likes
1815261Archived member
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=2&sdmvc=1 (http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Commodore-1986/SSE-AD-2861559/?Cr=2&sdmvc=1) Keep us updated mate what happens in the future with taking a VL back over... Sorry just saw the $4000 you are wanting to spend..
0 likes
MRN4SAArchived member
Now a VL cruisin the streets of the states.... thats bad ass right there man ! Id take it to TX2K events lol Dude if you can get me a 1996 cadillac fleetwood brougham :P il swap you my 10 sec VL Calais Turbo 5 speed . its white and has all the hardwork done just import and enjoy
0 likes
CrapCanArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MRN4SA [View Post] Now a VL cruisin the streets of the states.... thats bad ass right there man ! Id take it to TX2K events lol Dude if you can get me a 1996 cadillac fleetwood brougham :P il swap you my 10 sec VL Calais Turbo 5 speed . its white and has all the hardwork done just import and enjoy Wow, that sounds just about perfect. I love less than a mile from the port. If this is something you might really be interested, I would definitely consider it!
0 likes
CrapCanArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 1815261 [View Post] http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=2&sdmvc=1 (http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Commodore-1986/SSE-AD-2861559/?Cr=2&sdmvc=1) Keep us updated mate what happens in the future with taking a VL back over... Sorry just saw the $4000 you are wanting to spend.. Don't Simmons FR's make everything look titties? I wish I had that kind of money laying around.
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today99

8,945 threads, 61,805 posts and 785 images saved from CT

26.1% of indexed threads saved