Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

JPC exhaust manifold turbo oil drain

Started by t-rav · 7 Aug 2014 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

t-ravArchived member
Hey all I'm running a JPC exhaust manifold and my oil drain line will make contact with the runners just wondering if anyone else is running the same Mani and what Did you do to overcome this problem . I noticed the white vl [IDARYA] is running the same manifold and what looks like a hard line with a spring on it for bending I believe . Any info would be great and if the Owner of IDARYA could help me out with what he did or had made up would be even better Thanks in advance
0 likes
BTArchived member
i had the same problem with my gt3582 and 6boost manifold i just hard lined it till about 2 inches away from the oil drian plug on the block then ran a rubber hose problem solved ..
0 likes
threeltrArchived member
I have the same problem too with a 6boost manifold and RB25 head. Still haven't came up with a solution I like yet but will probably have to hard line it too. Don't know what material to make the hard line out of tho as it is hard to bend mild tube without it kinking in anything over 1/2 inch. Wouldn't think copper would be a suitable material but its the only thing I can think of that's easy to get the right bends were they are needed. I am open to any suggestions and if anybody wants to post up pics of there drain lines, that's if they can get a decent photo ! that would be great and the more different ways people have done them the better.
0 likes
VlTurboM8Archived member
why cant you braided line it?
0 likes
INFLYTmelbArchived member
ive used a copper line, looks like Ar$e, but it works, we made 4 different lines, till i was happy with it, top name shop, knows the rb30 backwards, yet doesn't account for the drain line clearance - FML! If you need advice, let me know (Y)
0 likes
threeltrArchived member
You can use braided line but that is still flexible. You need something that holds shape, as in once you bend it it stays that way. It also needs to be of a fairly large diameter.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Use 5/8 or 3/4" Hardline. Buy a flaring tool and a bending tool, some tube nut and sleeves and job done. I do a lot of the bigger turbo cars this way. One of the other options is to buy a cheaper extended drain fitting. I think I even have a few laying around. You then just use 3/4" or An-12 hose to the drain.
0 likes
t-ravArchived member
Thanks everyone for your advice and input . And Luke Duke57TT supplied all my oil and water lines (I supplied oil drain line haha) and all the gear was spot on as was his customer service highly recommend him for anyone needing hose and fittings .
0 likes
threeltrArchived member
This hardline, what do you use material wise? Alloy, steel, copper. I've have tried steel tube but I could not get to bend without kinking. If steel what bender do you use
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 225 images saved from CT