Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

CAS and Coil pricing

Started by NZMike · 4 Aug 2014 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

NZMikeArchived member
Hi, Im shopping for a new crank angle sensor and coil, both factory replacements. I have found that PEC (precision engine components) sell both at quite a low price. Does anyone know how good these parts are? There website doesn't show the Coil but there ebay page does. They sell the CAS for $75 and the Coil for $42 I went to Repco in the weekend and they quoted $280 for the CAS :-S. If anyone else have a suggestion on a better place to get the parts from that would also be helpful.
0 likes
GenieeArchived member
I got myself a walbro 255lph pump from PEC last week. Good guy to deal with and price was pretty good. Paid $115 for it, its genuine.
0 likes
KALAYArchived member
i paid 120 for a CAS and remember, there are 2 different types of them also (which i found out the hard way)
0 likes
NZMikeArchived member
Yea 120 was around what I expected to pay. Which is why I was questioning PEC for being that low. But sounds like it should be alright so i might as well give it a go.
0 likes
John boyArchived member
is there really two different types . whats the difference???????????????
0 likes
CurlyArchived member
I believe that there are two different distributors used on RB30's: Hitachi and Mitsubishi. For some reason the CAS from one costs over $200 and the other around $100. I recently replaced the CAS in my VL and it was the cheaper one. I'm not sure but I don't think they're interchangeable.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today39

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 273 images saved from CT