Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

245/35/20 on rear is it possible?

Started by Mad87VL · 28 July 2014 · 11 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Mad87VLArchived member
Hi guys. A mate of mine has left me with with some mc racing wheels and the rims are 8.5 on the front and 9.5 on the rear. The profiles are 245/35 on the front and the rear is 275/30. To my knowledge the 275 rears won't fit but what I was thinking is could I run the 245/35 on the rear and get some 225/35 or 30 in the front. This is a VL of course (on sl springs around). Has anyone else done this before?
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
I'm running 245/35's on my 20x9.5 and they rub a little, but really depends on the offset.
0 likes
Mad87VLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 3lturbo [View Post] I'm running 245/35's on my 20x9.5 and they rub a little, but really depends on the offset. What rims are you running?
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
You won't be getting a 35 series on the front with a standard strut
0 likes
Mad87VLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB-GEM [View Post] You won't be getting a 35 series on the front with a standard strut so should 225/30 work?
0 likes
cava454Archived member
What u doing with the tyres u take off?
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Mad87VL [View Post] What rims are you running? Genuine VE GTS'. I've actually got 245/30's on the front as well, and i'm running Ultra Lows (or whatever the lowest one they make is). Smaller tyre would be ideal, but these still work.
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
I've got 235/30/20 tyres on the front of my vh
0 likes
Mad87VLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by cava454 [View Post] What u doing with the tyres u take off? Going to sell them I guess. Would swap if someone had the right size and has very good tread as these tires are brand new
0 likes
cava454Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Mad87VL [View Post] Going to sell them I guess. Would swap if someone had the right size and has very good tread as these tires are brand new Let me know mate. Id be keen
0 likes
OVR-800STArchived member
I got 255/35/20 on the rear of my VL slight inner run when full lock turning prob go back to 245/30/20 no rub at all with them running 10 inch rear billet showwheels 20*8 on the fronts
0 likes
BiCkIeSArchived member
If your diff has been shortened 10mm will anything hit with a standard 43 offset???
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today64

4,872 threads, 30,257 posts and 499 images saved from CT

14.2% of indexed threads saved