Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

which is better Eaton or Harrop truetrac and who has what

Started by John boy · 20 July 2014 · 17 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

John boyArchived member
Hi everyone, just did a search on this but nothing came up. which product is the better Eaton or Harrop true trac differential and what is the difference??????????? thanks
0 likes
cava454Archived member
U didn't search hard enough. Harrop is better. As shown in the price
0 likes
John boyArchived member
Its not ness the case if its deaer its better i would like to know what experinces the guys have had with it
0 likes
joe bloArchived member
from what i remember when looking into it recently the eaton is good for 500rwhp and the harrop 500rwkw. or something
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Harrop has a billet carrier and the eaton does not. Harrop only for BW78 diffs afaik.
0 likes
John boyArchived member
100% duke I learnt this today Eaton don't do BW78
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Duke57TT [View Post] Harrop has a billet carrier and the eaton does not. Harrop only for BW78 diffs afaik. Luke is correct, billet for Harrop and Eaton isn't. I can't remember RE BW78 but I'll ask my mate who still has a fair but to do with them.
0 likes
John boyArchived member
has anyone got a trutrac diff center in there car and whats it like to drive
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Me, and best money I ever spent after putting bigger brakes on the car.
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by John boy [View Post] has anyone got a trutrac diff center in there car and whats it like to drive I will be putting one in my car when it is back on the road. Well worth the money for the output they can withstand. Although they are more than a LSD rebuild, they will outperform a LSD easily and don't have the terrible traits of a locker and are not illegal.
0 likes
John boyArchived member
thanks XEC I just fitted one into my diff and just wondering what everyone is saying about them
0 likes
SkinkisArchived member
Where did you guys get your centres from? Big difference in price?
0 likes
cava454Archived member
The harrop is actually an eaton with a modded billet center. Rated to higher HP. Thus why it costs more. You need a harrop as the eaton only suits m80 diff. Which is VT series 2 -VZ IRS diff. What u need will be around $1100-1300 for the center alone. Like Duke said. They are boss. John boy. 2hrs ago ur asking what they are like. Then 1 hr later ur telling us u have one? WTF
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by cava454 [View Post] The harrop is actually an eaton with a modded billet center. Rated to higher HP. Thus why it costs more. You need a harrop as the eaton only suits m80 diff. Which is VT series 2 -VZ IRS diff. What u need will be around $1100-1300 for the center alone. Like Duke said. They are boss. John boy. 2hrs ago ur asking what they are like. Then 1 hr later ur telling us u have one? WTF Sorry but that is totally incorrect. Both centres have the same internals but the Eaton is a cast carrier and the Harrop carrier being billet along with the end caps.
0 likes
cava454Archived member
I'm just going by what the bloke at harrop told me when I picked up my mates true track for his m78. It still had eaton on the housing and I asked what's the go.
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
I worked there for over 3 years (was few years back now but they were doing them then) and I double checked with my mate who also worked there but still has strong ties with them because I suspected what you said was incorrect. Eaton would be on the carrier due to the fact that they make them on behalf of Eaton and they use their internals.
0 likes
John boyArchived member
Thanks xec. I just wanted to know everyone's thought and experiences with the diff centre .i also wanted to know what the drivability would be like . I guess I'll find out soon
0 likes
cava454Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by XEC747 [View Post] I worked there for over 3 years (was few years back now but they were doing them then) and I double checked with my mate who also worked there but still has strong ties with them because I suspected what you said was incorrect. Eaton would be on the carrier due to the fact that they make them on behalf of Eaton and they use their internals. Ahh k cool. I may have been told wrong. Most likely I wasn't really listening lol.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today38

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 273 images saved from CT