Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Im back! My new 1987 series ii holden calais turbo

Started by LTS-JET · 28 June 2014 · 87 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

LTS-JETArchived member
************UPDATED JPEG HEAVY****************** Hey guys, Finally after 10 years of being out of the VL scene i have finally purchased a Original 1987 Series II Holden Calais turbo which im stoked about haha colour is my all time favourite just like my old calais Eucumbene Blue. Here is some pics of my new baby Completely standard! (http://[IMG]http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag97/Ertzilla/Mobile%20Uploads/20140605_173501_zpsx3zblyjt.jpg[/IMG]) [IMG] [/IMG] [IMG] [/IMG] Good to be back Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
a1 top condition!!!! nice buy buddy, my car is also eucumbene blue...fantastic colour
0 likes
OliverArchived member
Wow thats clean!! Nice purchase & welcome back to the scene Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
jetsonracArchived member
Nice ridgy didge calais mate, dont find them like that anymore Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
087-GMHArchived member
Wow thats Beautiful Awesum color Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Very nice car,What are your plans with her?Proves there are still good one out there. Cheers Marty
0 likes
Red RB30 JetArchived member
Love the OG Look. Can I ask what you paid for a Calais in this condition? Over 20K.
0 likes
LTS-JETArchived member
Thanks guys! I'm kinda up in two minds as to what I want to do with it.. Either rebuild the motor with all the goodies with high mount turbo / power glide etc or just fix the small things and keep it the way it is. Redrb30jet I payed 13,500 for it. ---------- Post added 29-06-14 at 12:08 ---------- Some more pics! [IMG] [/IMG] Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
13.500 not a bad price, I wouldn't have payed more than 15 though! Do not modify it, I would keep it as is for sure it's beautiful!
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by deanoVLCT [View Post] 13.500 not a bad price, I wouldn't have payed more than 15 though! Do not modify it, I would keep it as is for sure it's beautiful! I agree keep it as she is(worth more)Add extras like rims etc,Personalise her with your tastes.Add things that are easy to remove and return her to original.But again your car do as you want too.Remember why you brought her. Cheers Marty
0 likes
Red RB30 JetArchived member
Wow, top buy, I have seen guys pay way more for very average condition cars. I agree with others keep it original standard.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Mint! Love the colour too! +1 for keeping it standard with small touches
0 likes
RB-30-ETArchived member
Very clean Calais, always liked this colour. Surely you want to up the ante with a bigger turbo, fuel system and box. I can understand keeping it standard looking, but don't know why you would want to keep it standard mechanically when it has so much potential. Enjoy
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
3582 on factory manifold with crossover pipe for more honk but looks original. Nice Calais I'm envious
0 likes
webbeyArchived member
Nice calais mate how did you come across that?
0 likes
sohc2Archived member
Nice calais mate. Its hard to stay away from a vl once you have owned one.
0 likes
calais to4 meArchived member
What I would do to have this in my shed....
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Well done, guys like you deserve stuff like this especially what happened to your last nice example. Thanks for sharing and enjoy.
0 likes
silverRBArchived member
High flow the turbo and leave the rest stock mate. There's way to over modified cars now IMO. I for one wish I didn't take my mods so far now.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Safety first, put a good security system in place Your between a rock and a hard place as when you mod it you will louse you originality and my hard on will go away Remove drive line Mate first and source another box and engine and build and drop that in. This will cost you stuff all (few Hundred) as you would have to remove the original gear any way. The money you save by keeping the original numbers driveline will be money will be money in the bank. (if you go to sell). kid of like a Pre-nup And I know a lot of people will say they will never sell up but if thats the case its even more wise to do this as it will double or triple in value. way I see it. Nice vl sounds like its in good hands. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT