Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

VL Calais Turbo mock

Started by vlt5spd · 25 June 2014 · 10 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

vlt5spdArchived member
just thought I would share my recent purchase... its originally a vl Berlina, but has had some Calais cosmetics added to make it look like a Calais, was done before I purchased it, the car is not a genuine turbo car either, but its EXACTLY what I was looking for as I would no longer be hesitant about modifying or 'ruining' and genuine car. the car has genuine turbo running gear, (A8 block, turbo trans with a high stall, around 3-3500 stall,) but still has the 25 spliner diff which is one of the let downs but I will be putting a 28 in it very soon! has been resprayed 12 months ago, front end rebuilt, new brakes, lowered etc.. plans at this stage are just to keep adding more Calais materials to it to make the car mine, not gonna go too crazy performance wise at this stage as its just gonna be my cruiser while I build my other car (lc torana coupe). mods: recently fitted a boost-tee running just under 10 psi, currently installing a catch can set up aswell, has a generic front mount cooler, polished piping... engine is supposably 'rebuilt' around 20,000 ago but I cant guarantee that, has a rebuilt trans aswell with a bigger stall, shifts great! drives nice! has a 2.5" cat back exhaust on it with a rear hot dog, sounds nice. was looking at dragging it down the 1/4 soon to see what it does, but would like to change the diff and gears aswell and do a few other little things, anyway enough talking so far, heres some pics, cheers (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/blake71/media/vl%20turbo/3481C909-F2A3-4E5C-9254-11FB44973590_zpsaojvd6dn.jpg.html) (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/blake71/media/vl%20turbo/C08965B2-9FCB-46B4-8F2C-0BA4DFC5E432_zps8kbda8ze.jpg.html) radiator before (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/blake71/media/vl%20turbo/BE5BB24B-6153-464A-9A6C-85C7BEB323D1_zpsyg2kn2en.jpg.html) radiator after, found some ally while at tafe, was in the scrap pin, folded it up, brush rubbed it and put in on, much neater! (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/blake71/media/vl%20turbo/DE81721F-8F6E-4172-8EA1-AF3B8EB1375D_zpssuld4o9o.jpg.html) (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/blake71/media/vl%20turbo/BAE52560-24C2-490D-AE94-2A4D3310FC00_zpskirjlmsj.jpg.html) put my vinetion in it (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/blake71/media/vl%20turbo/0EE5DBC7-113C-4479-A747-7BEEA3A88CCA_zpsyxrofsip.jpg.html) had these plates for a whole, and managed to get em rego'd on the car, score!! (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/blake71/media/vl%20turbo/426EBAB7-BCB9-4C55-A95A-76B68B2B5EC9_zpsot8efchl.jpg.html) added the black Calais lip to bottom of bar, going to do rear, and get the side skirts too! (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/blake71/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-06/E6C80714-726B-45FE-A9E2-306BB4BACE88_zps7qpvioey.jpg.html) cheers Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
vlt5spdArchived member
bar on (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/blake71/media/vl%20turbo/D9D6C77F-4261-4D2E-8C17-DCE94D76932C_zpsho8mcqsa.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Nice unit. I like the attention to detail with the front bar black line and louver. What's planed for the Torana?
0 likes
vlt5spdArchived member
thanks mate, the toranas my big project, had it since I was fairly young, its a bare shell at the moment but its almost finished being tubbed, gonna be engineered, street registered with a 9 inch, turbo 350 box, and big cammed, vn headed 308, eventually 355/383 stroker will be good too! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
I love it, very clean. I like the original touch with the black on the bars.. Needs a silver turbo badge tho, for originality sake otherwise who cars if you prefer red. Very nice work on the radiator, looks soooo much cleaner. I see this car looking perfect in the near future. Thumbs up!
0 likes
vlt5spdArchived member
Cheers MUS, yeah does need a silver badge, something else I have to get around to haha, in the meantime I've had a set of 15x4s and 15x7s put on it as I wasn't a fan if the vp calais wheels at all, so these will stay on there for abit til I find some Vl calais wheels, I also picked up a 28 spline LSD diff for it too so that will be getting a make over and fitting that soon! Here's some pics, cheers! (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/blake71/media/vl%20turbo/688DBA75-F0DB-4BFE-8EF5-B4BB38562CB9_zpstkgvub0f.jpg.html) (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/blake71/media/vl%20turbo/24C90CBC-BA2C-498C-9EF1-D9401883835C_zpsbrnhnrdn.jpg.html) (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/blake71/media/vl%20turbo/2BB89CF7-2FA0-40E5-BD78-9F0B93945228_zpsfm6knzyh.jpg.html) (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/blake71/media/vl%20turbo/85E8F96A-BA13-4F68-8BDC-1B915F5EDC0B_zpsyczgeg1j.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
This pic is tuff as nuts with the vp wheels.. I like it! Personal taste though i guess.. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
nothing like a nice vl on a country road. Nice effort
0 likes
mdbvlctArchived member
nice looking car,reminds me of my old car
0 likes
vlt5spdArchived member
Car now has a 28 spline diff, LSD , and 3:45s, would've like 3:9s or 3:7s but just settled for these, still drive able on the highway without screaming! Oh and it twins up now �� also picked up a set of lower calais door moulds and sill panel skirts , will be painting them up and going on hopefully next week if I get time! Cheers Blake
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Love the plates!!!!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,643 threads, 77,210 posts and 952 images saved from CT

31.1% of indexed threads saved