Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

275/30/20 fit on the rear of a vl?

Started by Mad87VL · 21 June 2014 · 11 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Mad87VLArchived member
Quick question really would 275/30 fit on the rear of a vl? Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
If you mini tub it . I can hardly fit a 235/30/20 tyre under my vh but I'm using 20x9.5 wheels
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
no way 255s have been done with very carefully calculated offsets, but to answer this yourself you could have just got a tape measure between the trailing arm/shock and measured across to the inside of the guard.
0 likes
Mad87VLArchived member
These wheels do have a bit of dish so idk if that helps with positioning of the wheel for better or worse. What would I need to do to make them fit. Would I just rolling the guards or would I need to shorten the diff with tubs? Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk ---------- Post added 21-06-14 at 17:13 ---------- Or could I just use 245s on them. The rim itself is a 20x9.5 Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
"dish" doesn't help me here. what's the offset mate? It should be stamped on the back of the rim. eg 5x120 +38 the "+XX" is the number we need to know. 245s can be put on a 9.5" rim but you'd be stretching them a touch. Not 225's on 10" rim JDM spec YOLO stretching, but still a slight stretch. Would be ok though.
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
What wheels you planning on using ? I've got MC Racing FR copies on mine , the rears are 20x9.5 . The inside of the wheels has been machined to get it to fit and I'm using 235/30/20 tyres to get them to fit with a standard length vl diff . Get your guards lipped aswell , I didn't get mine done at first , first time I drove it it scratched the paint off the edge of the wheels ..... I was ****en spewing
0 likes
Ant_manArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB-GEM [View Post] What wheels you planning on using ? I've got MC Racing FR copies on mine , the rears are 20x9.5 . The inside of the wheels has been machined to get it to fit and I'm using 235/30/20 tyres to get them to fit with a standard length vl diff . Get your guards lipped aswell , I didn't get mine done at first , first time I drove it it scratched the paint off the edge of the wheels ..... I was ****en spewing I also have the mc racing wheels front 20+8.5 rear 20+9.5 I have had dramas getting them to clear guards when have people in back seat. It will clear with stock springs and just only just clears with lows, they have been machined and running the 235/30/20 tyres on a stock vlt diff with adjustable pan hard. It seems as they need a little more machined off maybe 2mm or so to clear guard, did you have this issue?? i also scratched the edge n went crazy as i specifically checked with the supplier what needs doing to get these wheels to clear and was told nothing, that the machining which they did was all that was needed...
0 likes
cava454Archived member
235 tires on a 9.5 look like a busted a-hole. Buy the correct size rim FFS and put a proper tire on it.
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by cava454 [View Post] 235 tires on a 9.5 look like a busted a-hole. Buy the correct size rim FFS and put a proper tire on it. Dude I wouldn't talk , you're running a reverse cowl scoop on a VR Commodore FFS
0 likes
cava454Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB-GEM [View Post] Dude I wouldn't talk , you're running a reverse cowl scoop on a VR Commodore FFS Granted I have an air cleaner hanging out the bonnet... What ever floats ur boat. If you wanna brag to the boys about ur 9.5 with stupidly stretched tires be my guest.
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by cava454 [View Post] Granted I have an air cleaner hanging out the bonnet... What ever floats ur boat. If you wanna brag to the boys about ur 9.5 with stupidly stretched tires be my guest. Looks heaps better than the 8.5 inch wheels I had under it before with no dish
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
JET3LT used to run 275s on VE GTS' so it's possible but I wouldn't imagine it to have much tolerance. Would need some mad guard roll and like no seat belt bolt left at all, lol.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today81

6,358 threads, 42,591 posts and 619 images saved from CT

18.6% of indexed threads saved