Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

WHTGMH Rebuild

Started by WHTGMH · 9 June 2014 · 35 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

WHTGMHArchived member
Hey ct peeps its been awhile since I last posted any updates of my car so I thought id make a new thread since a lot has changed So basically what it looked like before I stripped it Then before it got stripped me and a mate from work drew decided to do hidden wiring What it looked like finished with the v6 in it everything got hidden besides engine loom as im going to put a ls2 in it so no point of hiding engine loom as its going to get modified Then finally got it home drove it 3-4 times then stripped it for paint and for the bay to get smoothed This pic is when it came back from getting the body repaired and hi filled Then I thought id clean up underneath, so I acid washed the undercarriage until it was clean, rubbed it down lightly and sprayed stone guard underneath through a gun I also thought id get all under body parts painted but later on I changed colour Then it was time to take it down to my mate adam from sv body works to weld the bay and weld a 4 point cage in So at the time the bay and cage were getting done I thought id hunt down some goodies also big thanks to rod at western metal polishing in sunshine Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
WHTGMHArchived member
And then I finally I found the wheels I wanted Simmons FR 19s which I bought of huss IDARYA, so I stripped them down and painted them white So finally after the bay and cage were finished it was time to get it ready for paint The rubbing down process Painted the cage gloss black instead of leaving it bare metal even though its getting trimmed In the booth about to get painted Finally painted by steve from sv body works Also got all the moulds, plastics painted as well nothing was missed Then after a week of frustration it was all back together, everything was replaced with new stainless screws though out, new chrome bolts, rubbers ect Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
WHTGMHArchived member
Also got new brake lines made up and bought a master cylinder cap and brake booster check valve of lowe fabrications On the tow truck coming back home So when I got it back home I decided to strip the front end and paint everything silver instead of black and got around to putting the gauges back on with the mini warning lights and yes that is a vl manual rack im using This is the trim that will be getting re-trimmed in time by kon creative, the back seats will be modified into a two seater I had change of plans with the car and after enough convincing I sold the FRs and stripped the boot to get the car tubbed These are most recent pics taken a couple of days ago of my car going to Full Flight Engineering. It will be getting mini tubs, 4 link, coilovers, built borg warner with 31 spline axels and full spool and custom ceptors made up and then eventually new simmons fr 20s with 7" dish on the rear Thanks to rabih from boss towing for the tow to full flight That's all for now, there's probably heaps ive missed but feel free to ask, also motor plans are set back until the tubs and trim are done but im heading towards ls2 stroked enjoy the pics for now, feel free to comment Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
nice mate you have done a good job i hope mine turns out half as good and i will be happy
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
wow
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Bloody awesome! Not even a big fan of VR/VS (apologies I can't tell what it is) but this is sweet! Looks tough as!
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
This should be quite a beast when it's done! Nice!
0 likes
WHTGMHArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by grunter01 [View Post] nice mate you have done a good job i hope mine turns out half as good and i will be happy thanks mate a lot of time and effort has been put into this ---------- Post added 10-06-14 at 14:03 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by BigM22 [View Post] Bloody awesome! Not even a big fan of VR/VS (apologies I can't tell what it is) but this is sweet! Looks tough as! its a vs but thanks for the feedback ---------- Post added 10-06-14 at 14:11 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by CYNICL [View Post] This should be quite a beast when it's done! Nice! thanks mate hoping to have it finished by next year
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
So this is the VS Chubby was talking about. Looks awesome!
0 likes
WHTGMHArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 3lturbo [View Post] So this is the VS Chubby was talking about. Looks awesome! Yeah i bought some billet parts of him, top bloke Thanks man
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
What billet bits you get bud? Cars sick too mate looked good before you started lol
0 likes
WHTGMHArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dougall83 [View Post] What billet bits you get bud? Cars sick too mate looked good before you started lol I got the master cylinder cap and brake booster check valve, thanks man
0 likes
BTArchived member
good work
0 likes
TOEYArchived member
wow amazing attention to detail top effort mate
0 likes
WHTGMHArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by BT [View Post] good work Thanks mate ---------- Post added 16-06-14 at 19:39 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by TOEY [View Post] wow amazing attention to detail top effort mate Cheers man
0 likes
WHTGMHArchived member
FEW UPDATES OF THE TUBS Old tubs cut out 15x10 interceptors with 5" dish and maxxis 295/50 tyres New tubs welded in Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
That much dish may suck in small children lol Look sick mate!
0 likes
WHTGMHArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dougall83 [View Post] That much dish may suck in small children lol Look sick mate! Lol ill be having 7" dish with the new frs Thanks man
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Gunna look sick with that much dish mate!
0 likes
YetiArchived member
That is stupendous
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT