Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
hey guys,
just wondering what oil i should put in the vl...brand new motor, will be producing 300rwkw give or take a few..prob running around 20psi maybe more
fully synthetic or semi synthetic?
brand?
weight?
0 likes
hpr30
http://www.penriteoil.com.au/engineo...&id_products=4 (http://www.penriteoil.com.au/engineoils-products.php?id_categ=1&id_products=4)
0 likes
I use ulx110 havent had any issues and have wide range of weights n run in oils..
0 likes
depends if it pumps up lifters or not..lol
cheers
darren
0 likes
darren what do u mean by pumps up lifters
0 likes
HPR15 is awesome for the price
0 likes
HPR30 go mineral base oil
0 likes
Funny how the recommendation for RB30's is the HPR30, but RB25's recommendation is HPR5 or HPR10?
0 likes
http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Ful.../#.U5wKlnYjw_c (http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Full_Synthetic_Engine_Oils/Full_Synthetic_10W-40_Hi-Tech_Fast_Flowing_Engine_Oil/#.U5wKlnYjw_c)
Or
http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Ful.../#.U5wKsHYjw_c (http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Full_Synthetic_Engine_Oils/Full_Synthetic_15W-50_Street_and_Track_Engine_Oil/#.U5wKsHYjw_c)
The 10W-40 is pretty good for mild boost levels, if you are planning on running higher boost use the 15W-50 for a little bit more film strength between the bearings. The race car loves the 15W-50
0 likes
15-06-14, 20:23 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
[View Post]
Funny how the recommendation for RB30's is the HPR30, but RB25's recommendation is HPR5 or HPR10?
Yeah I noticed that too.
Funny before it changed to full synthetic (back when it was semi-synthetic) recommendation for RB30 was HPR10 or HPR15
I think they changed them based on how old the engine is going on average klms they think people do etc
I will just stick with what I know works
0 likes
16-06-14, 20:46 GMT+10#11 Was the r33st ever sold new in Australia?
Oil recommendations are different in countries where the temperatures get below zero.
0 likes