Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Who knows of any Maranello Red BT1s?

Started by VL_JOHN · 26 May 2014 · 14 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VL_JOHNArchived member
I've got a 1986 LW5 MX7 plated BT1 which is Maranello Red (1F 075-D). I've been told twice lately that's it's a pretty rare colour for a BT1. (not just rare because it isn't yellow) Can anyone shed any light on this or tell me if they know of any others? I'm interested to know because in 15 years of being into VLs I have never seen another. Cheers.
0 likes
88wagonArchived member
Got a pic of the tags?
0 likes
VLTWhite1Archived member
I have a list of 95 BT1's (n/a's, turbo's and V8's) so far. Breakdown is... 56. Alpine White 15. Absynth Yellow 8. SA Police Blue 4. Yellow Blaze 2. Maranello Red 2. Venetian Red 2. Platinum Gold 1. Asteroid Silver 1. Kymberly Bronze 1. White Gold 1. Mink 1. Morning Blue 1. Cardinal Red but none of the Maranello cars I have listed are turbo's, so yeah, it's pretty rare. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VL_JOHNArchived member
[/COLOR][QUOTE=VL_JOHN;3048812][IMG] (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/jwolding/media/photo_zps6ac1ba74.jpg.html)[/IMG] Awesome It also came from factory with LSD but no power steering. (I've got the build sheet) It's an unusual car. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
KALAYArchived member
I've got a V8 one ---------- Post added 28-05-14 at 18:34 ---------- vltwhite1 is that all that there was??? thats not too many bt1's there! maybe thats why they are sooo sought after!!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VL_JOHNArchived member
Sweet, a red V8 one. I thought there would be a lot more yellow ones on the list. If you look at pictures/videos of meets and cruises they seem to be in plague proportions. I'm guessing that some would have to be replicas..
0 likes
vlturbsssArchived member
I know of another Kimberly bronze LW5 MX7 BT1, will try and get a photo of the plate Sent from my LG-E975K using Tapatalk
0 likes
FATPSIArchived member
Sounds like he was saying he's come across that many not that's all they made
0 likes
VL_JOHNArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by FATPSI [View Post] Sounds like he was saying he's come across that many not that's all they made Yeah I understand that. What I'm getting at is that I though he would have come across a whole lot more..
0 likes
satansLBOArchived member
I had a maroon NA one, WA detective car, I think I have a pitcutre of the id plate too
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Obviously there would be a lot more bt1s then whats on list. Not everybody that owns or owned one declared them here on the CT registry by VLTWHITE1 would be good if the did!. So there could be god knows how many more out there.
0 likes
VLTWhite1Archived member
Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to indicate that was a complete list of all BT1's. South Australia alone would have had more than 95. That was just the breakdown of cars I've come across in the last ten years or so. Not really a good sample size, but it does show just how rare non-white or non-yellow BT1's are.
0 likes
ICUL8RArchived member
I know of a genuine Calais turbo bt1, could of Been an inspectors car Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VLTWhite1 [View Post] Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to indicate that was a complete list of all BT1's. South Australia alone would have had more than 95. That was just the breakdown of cars I've come across in the last ten years or so. Not really a good sample size, but it does show just how rare non-white or non-yellow BT1's are. Yeah i know, i was just pointing that out because some people seem to think your list was all that was made lol. Great job might i add. Quote: Originally Posted by ICUL8R [View Post] I know of a genuine Calais turbo bt1, could of Been an inspectors car Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Now that i would love to see!
0 likes
ICUL8RArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MUS [View Post] Yeah i know, i was just pointing that out because some people seem to think your list was all that was made lol. Great job might i add. Now that i would love to see! its on here ill try find it
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT