Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Can anyone shed some light on this new project?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=420542811381678&set=a.276345169134777.43578.276222552480372&type=1&relevant_count=1)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
This car is the old camrydore I believe
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
I dunno why they keep persisting with RB motors . So many better options these days
0 likes
if rigoli is on it its going to fly that for sure.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB-GEM
[View Post]
I dunno why they keep persisting with RB motors . So many better options these days
Lol at this comment.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cava454
[View Post]
Lol at this comment.
So are you telling me a 2J , 1UZ or Barra motor doesn't **** all over the RB design ? And I don't think there's much that hasn't been achieved with the RB motor . What would be the point ? To go head to head with Maatouk ? Waste of time , that bloke lives and breathes RB's .
0 likes
Found it ironic what u said given ur user name. That's all....
0 likes
28-05-14, 21:04 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by RB-GEM
[View Post]
So are you telling me a 2J , 1UZ or Barra motor doesn't **** all over the RB design ? And I don't think there's much that hasn't been achieved with the RB motor . What would be the point ? To go head to head with Maatouk ? Waste of time , that bloke lives and breathes RB's .
Pretty narrow minded thoughts right there, no one has ever said the RB is a Godsend, but in recent times these motors have started making the right sounds and numbers. It isn't about how good or bad they are or how they stack up against another motor, it's all about how far and hard these motors can be pushed.
I never thought an RB30 would go beyond 200mph but that number has already been exceeded by more than one workshop in recent times.
Maatouk is a legend, no doubt about it but there is no harm in some friendly competition. As it currently sits Godzilla is the one to catch.
0 likes
29-05-14, 07:37 GMT+10#11 Barra blocks are weaker than rb blocks. 1uz's sound **** and 2js have the turbo on the dumb
Side.
0 likes
29-05-14, 08:25 GMT+10#12 Quote:
Originally Posted by cava454
[View Post]
Found it ironic what u said given ur user name. That's all....
When I rejoined the ct I was building an rb30 powered Gemini . The name was fitting at the time . I'd change it if I could . Not taking anything away from the RB30 they've proven themselves time and time again . However fitting one to a full tube car is hardly ground breaking . If you're a workshop building a dedicated drag car with your name on it , are you going out to be no 1 or just to have some fun .
0 likes