Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

motor detonation or just backfire?

Started by VLT87Kal · 14 May 2014 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VLT87KalArchived member
I dont want to seem like a dumbass but i do need to ask, Story goes I just got my vlt back from tuner it WAS a basic setup before hand but now a rebuilt motor 3540 and so on installed pushing 380rwhp through a manual, my question is when I have the revs almost on limiter if not touching the limiter every so often theres a really loud bang and somtimes a flame from my exhaust now I am thinking its just backfire from so much fuel and so on its just that I want to know if ita common to do this or if somthing isnt right? I talked to tuner who is basically 600kms away he says it is probly just backfire but it is quite loud... il try link a video later cheers sorry if im making ct tool of the week hahaha
0 likes
madrexArchived member
Sounds like you are hitting the limiter thats y its is backfiring and poping
0 likes
kevspecArchived member
Sounds like a hard cut limiter so everything shuts of quick
0 likes
VLT87KalArchived member
Ok I wasnt sure as I do get ur basic limiter noise followed by the odd loud bang
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 225 images saved from CT