Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Fastest stock rb30 head

Started by rb3torana · 2 May 2014 · 11 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

rb3toranaArchived member
Just wondering what the fastest or most hp from a stock rb30 head? From what I've read around 650hp or mid 9's ? Cheers
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
Stock as in not ported? Cam upgrade obviously? Bigger valves? I believe maatouks GH747 isnt ported, just has one of their special cams in it. Not sue about valves
0 likes
rb3toranaArchived member
I mean untouched ports and valves but better springs and cam. Cheers
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
I have seen 700rwhp in a manual. ---------- Post added 02-05-14 at 23:31 ---------- My mate built the engine for a guy who only wanted 350rwhp, and they pushed it for 3 years with standard rods to 700rwhp and only pulled it down not due to failure but to push further so they put rods in it. Pretty impressive IMO ---------- Post added 02-05-14 at 23:34 ---------- And that was a standard head with only a cam tech cam and springs.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
I hadn't seen any standard rods go over 430rwkw, they just seemed to keep bending regardless of RPM, and what's 700rwhp, about 500rwkw? Impressive! Also you wouldn't able to include oversized valves as that would mean grinding/porting of the valve area.
0 likes
rb3toranaArchived member
You would think to make 700rwhp it would take a fair bit of boost?
0 likes
qldvl5spdArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by FLY-03L [View Post] Stock as in not ported? Cam upgrade obviously? Bigger valves? I believe maatouks GH747 isnt ported, just has one of their special cams in it. Not sue about valves I've no idea. But surely GH-747 would have to have some massive head work done to it?
0 likes
rb3toranaArchived member
Yeah I really cant see over 180mph with a stock head but in saying that look at the intake manifold lol. I guess with enough boost anything will flow until going sonic?
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
40psi or something it was but it was and still held together, i am looking at building these engines to this spec haha... I was very impressed. ---------- Post added 04-05-14 at 15:45 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by FLY-03L [View Post] Stock as in not ported? Cam upgrade obviously? Bigger valves? I believe maatouks GH747 isnt ported, just has one of their special cams in it. Not sue about valves There is no way GH is a standard head.
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by rb3torana [View Post] You would think to make 700rwhp it would take a fair bit of boost? 1.grunter said it was manual so it would"make" more than a auto 2.manuals are far easier on motors than autos, they last longer and are under less stress.....as theres less load. cheers darren
0 likes
rb3toranaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Jet R31 [View Post] 1.grunter said it was manual so it would"make" more than a auto 2.manuals are far easier on motors than autos, they last longer and are under less stress.....as theres less load. cheers darren First thing I noticed when I went from manual to auto with my turbo 202. I had to pull at least 4 degrees to stop detonation . Im thinking around 650ish with an auto, then put it on a race track to see how much power it really has..... but it could be true and run 145+mph. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by grunter01 [View Post] 40psi or something it was but it was and still held together, i am looking at building these engines to this spec haha... I was very impressed. ---------- Post added 04-05-14 at 15:45 ---------- There is no way GH is a standard head. The only reason i say that is because i was at the shop to get a tune when they were rebuilding the motor, bolting the head on specifically
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today91

7,519 threads, 49,751 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved