Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

EFI 5Ltr Engineers cert

Started by blackvl86 · 2 May 2014 · 7 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

blackvl86Archived member
Hey guys sorry if this has been covered before but tried searching and couldn't find anything. Im putting a 304 EFI 5ltr out of a VN in my VL i would like to know if in VIC this requires an engineers cert? I was lead to believe because the walkinshaw had an injected 5ltr i didnt but judt need confirmation thanks.
0 likes
LUXJETArchived member
Na I don't think you do engineers wise. Just as long as the emissions gear is correct. I'm not sure but I think since your going with a newer motor in an older car it should be fine. Do you have to re rego? I wouldn't stress til anyone catches you out
0 likes
blackvl86Archived member
Yeah thought it should be fine but just wanted confirmation. And nah its got reg so recon not even tell them?
0 likes
nate26Archived member
if your vehicle is a six cylinder non turbo then I believe you will need an engineer's certificate. upgrades to both front brakes and suspension may also be required. I'm in the middle of completing this conversion on a NA 6 right now and both brakes and suspension needed an upgrade
0 likes
[SLY.747]Archived member
Ive had 3 of them over the years, one was originally a 6 n/a, one factory turbo, and a factory v8, never once needed an engineers. Why bother anyway these days, go the ls conversion at least its worthit!!!
0 likes
SIK304Archived member
This comes up all the time. Mine was an n/a 6, but is registered as a v8, Not engineered. As above just fit the correct suspension and brakes.
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
If your in vic you will need engineers cert!!!!
0 likes
jetsonracArchived member
^^ agree with gouldy, went to Vic roads a couple of years ago to get my engine number changed over after an injected 5 litre conversion and the prick behind the counter said I needed an engineers certificate, I tried to explain to him that I shouldn't need one considering the Walky came out with an inj 5 litre, but wouldn't back down so I left it at that .ended up going to werribee vicroads a few months later and copped the same thing. So ended up getting an engineers cert. pretty costly
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 14 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today16

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 73 images saved from CT