Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

AAC valve

Started by t-rav · 25 Apr 2014 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

t-ravArchived member
Hey all Just installed my JD plenum deleted the air regulating valve but have retained the AAC idle control unit , for some reason the AAC valve is making a vibrating sound as if it is jammed when ignition is on so I grabbed another AAC valve I had lying around and hooked that up to the plug with out attaching it to the plenum and its the same thing , it just vibrates in my hand so I was wondering if this is normal or if I have a voltage issue . I also tried dissconnecting the TPS plug to see if it was jammed ect and it made no difference . Only thing I can think of is it is fuctioning normally but the JD plenum is not as dense of a material as the standard cast alloy unit so the sound is amplified and freaking me out . Any advice or solutions would be much appreciated Thanks in advance
0 likes
skotvlctArchived member
I had a jd plenum before but never telly had this problem. Is it a loud vibrating?
0 likes
t-ravArchived member
Loud enough to clearly hear and it doesn't stop when you open close the throttle body that's why I'm sus on it I did extend the wires for the TPS and soldered them and there is a slight chance that they are shorting out from a sharp bit of solder piercing the tape I wrapped each join in but I doubt it . Ill pull all my loom apart tomorrow and go over it again . Car runs fine idles good but it's just not right the noise it's making . When you remove the plug you can hear it closing makes a 'chink' noise but it should turn of/close when I open the throttle shouldn't it ??
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT