Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Dadroller's Calais Wagon Build

Started by dadroller · 1 Apr 2014 · 12 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

dadrollerArchived member
Bought a Calais Wagon a few weeks ago from a member in Canberra. ( Hi Chris!!) Got it on to my trailer for the trip home Looks pretty rough hey!! - But the closer you look the more it has going for it For a start it has 199k on the odo Although it has sat in a yard for a number of years it is a Canberra car. I have got it home now and the strip back for cleaning has begun Its already starting to look better It was built on 24 Feb 88 and I found a rego label under the back seat - It was an SA car until 2001. I have also found its build sheet. It has had the following bits and pieces added over the years a bash plate - which was done after the sump took a belt! window tint - to come off an adjustable panhard which looks original?? cross drilled front discs pacemaker headers the remains of a sound system I put it back together to drive before I started stripping and it felt OK apart from being soft in the suspension Its now in the shed for a deeper strip to include fuel tank and drive line Will also probably replace the sump Aim is to get it clean, to get everything to work and to get it mechanically reliable. I won't paint it - but other than that it should all work. I have started cleaning the carpets and seats and it is coming along well. See photos of my gold VL Exec which was in similar condition when I got it lots of patience, scrubbing and beer Will keep photos coming as this will be a winter project Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Awesome, loving the progress already!
0 likes
88wagonArchived member
Looking better already haha glad you are happy mate and its gonn make me happy to see it progress Cheers chris
0 likes
philbyArchived member
Nice man! looks in pretty good nick!
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Hahahahaha love it, dadrolla. That is cool! Love your wagons mate, especially your sons Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dadrollerArchived member
Hi fellas, just a quick update because I am waiting on son number one - Siroller - to help me post up some more photos I have got the windscreen out - smashed the crap out of it but that's another story. A fair bit of rust and I will get photos up soon. Have also started polishing the roof - incredible difference. Diff is out, cleaned, rust proofed and waiting along with trailing arms for primer. I have drilled out the rubbers. The wife's electric carving knife worked a treat in the end!!!!. Starting to get the door side moulds off - what a bitch of a job!! Am also experimenting with electrolysis to clean up parts and bolts. Good stuff fellas!!!!! I am setting up a big barrel at the moment to see if I can do an HK front door from one of my other projects. I will get some photos up on that as well. Have also just built a shed heater out of truck brake drums and its fired up every night at 5 pm for a beer - and yep more photos there as well Interior is now completely cleaned including the roof. The water I got out of the roof looked the colour of licorice - bloody smokers. SO next is to paint underneath as well as the diff and after some new rubbers I can start to re assemble. Siroller told me last night that they are changing club rego rules here in Vic from September so I am now on a bit of a timeline to get it going. Getting the bumpers two packed in time will be the hardest part. Anyone got a lead on that in either Shepparton or Melbourne???? Siroller is in Stawell tonight so hopefully next week I can update the photo situation. Regards to everyone from Dadroller
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Good stuff, sounds exciting! Looking forward to the pics.
0 likes
dadrollerArchived member
[IMG]the start of what I found once I got the screen out[/IMG] and of course the heater that I put in for this winter.... https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...76552536_o.jpg (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/1939792_1432569923679629_1252230255876552536_o.jpg) more rust...... thanks Chris!!!!!! https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...580526_n.jp g (https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10455854_1432569513679670_8329728326047580526_n.jpg) https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...829857_o.jp g (https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/10320985_1432569317013023_9006209136551829857_o.jpg) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
88wagonArchived member
Hey easy on I didn't put it there.. but in my defence I difnt think it was that bad it definately didn't look that bad from outside, least your going to look after it..
0 likes
dadrollerArchived member
Hi everyone, here we go with some updates. Am struggling here but this is the front suspension as at this week. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=960%2C576 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1553994271537193&set=a.1553993288203958.1073741834.100007799050041&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xfp1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F10525768_1553994271537193_1843170103661905459_n.jpg%3Foh%3D8b48c1280a70f8dd03900de47ea67dcc%26oe%3D5549A4E7%26__gda__%3D1435413687_48e5f63afa842152d4c85ca5c8cb404c&size=960%2C576)
0 likes
dadrollerArchived member
And here we go with the rear suspension. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=960%2C576 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1553994281537192&set=a.1553993288203958.1073741834.100007799050041&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xfa1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F10968400_1553994281537192_5925192546108035002_n.jpg%3Foh%3D9762b6d76e29d53212f4994453feabb7%26oe%3D558ABAC9%26__gda__%3D1431201858_be0be67507feffc67ce55e3ebd277cb4&size=960%2C576)
0 likes
dadrollerArchived member
Have also been polishing wheels.... with some help https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=960%2C540 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1553994291537191&set=a.1553993288203958.1073741834.100007799050041&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-xaf1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F10801768_1553994291537191_1318681444175180014_n.jpg%3Foh%3D85733e991b0aa1403ebb6cbb1bf7d50b%26oe%3D558D4511&size=960%2C540) This is the final result...https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=960%2C540 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1553994641537156&set=a.1553993288203958.1073741834.100007799050041&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xpa1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F10917373_1553994641537156_6545302697661509302_n.jpg%3Foh%3D5e2885910d387e9d73be9c42a7398514%26oe%3D55503B99%26__gda__%3D1431067123_3e85ff8980b1482d30b20de19c20461b&size=960%2C540)
0 likes
dadrollerArchived member
some brake photos before and after.....https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=960%2C540 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1553994801537140&set=a.1553993288203958.1073741834.100007799050041&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xpf1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F10991184_1553994801537140_2686502334180615177_n.jpg%3Foh%3D86f678460e4b24042080e346bc0380c2%26oe%3D5556FBAF%26__gda__%3D1431425680_55c7917453ea590972004f7448546039&size=960%2C540)
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 7 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today46

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 344 images saved from CT