Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Put turbo plenum on, car is not starting

Started by Se7en · 30 Mar 2014 · 10 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Se7enArchived member
Hi guys, I'm doing my first turbo conversation. I have put the turbo plenum on and the ecu because i thought it needed the ecu to run the injectors. Still hasn't sparked. I have checked my spark plugs, coils and everything is correct. I have fuel and the car wants to start. It was running perfectly before I swapped the NA plenum. I do have a few hoses at the back of the engines that are not connected and also one plug at the front isn't connected, I can't find it at all. I am confused as to what I should do. Thanks in advance for any advice!
0 likes
bachig24uArchived member
sounds like a giant airleak.. best block any hoses that could be letting air into the engine that you haven't found a place for. post or email some pictures of the hoses you haven't connected and I might be able to help..
0 likes
Se7enArchived member
Hi, thanks for the reply. I'll post the pics, would have no idea where to block of anything. Those are probably the only relevant photos I have at the moment, there are a few tiny holes near the intake ontop of the plenum and one tiny hidden one. Blocked them off but still no success. I used the NA fuel regulator and the gold bar that attaches behind the plenum. "Not the fuel rail" Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Stu165Archived member
Doesn't look like your air control valve at the back of the plenum is setup, can't fully see but hoses definitely aren't
0 likes
Se7enArchived member
I'll defiantly get back to you sometime this week with updated pictures
0 likes
philbyArchived member
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/642...kemanifold.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6428/inktakemanifold.jpg) looks like your missing this hose bit from the bottom of the Air regulator valve at the top of the pic Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Se7enArchived member
Gotcha, would you know roughly the size of the hose? Or anything. Also, we have put the hose on the back of the idle air control valve that connects to the gold bar pictured above but perhaps it's not good enough. I didn't get the hose with the turbo kit, it's a pretty rough condition one. Thanks
0 likes
philbyArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Se7en [View Post] also looks like you need the hose from hose Crossover pipe to the AAC ---------- Post added 01-04-14 at 19:34 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by Se7en [View Post] Gotcha, would you know roughly the size of the hose? Or anything. Also, we have put the hose on the back of the idle air control valve that connects to the gold bar pictured above but perhaps it's not good enough. I didn't get the hose with the turbo kit, it's a pretty rough condition one. Thanks So you have put the pipe from the crossover pipe to the aac valve? if it is not tight it will just pop off As for the pipes that run under the inlet manifold from the air regulator the old ones from your n/a manifold should fit? not a %100 sure though Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Se7enArchived member
Hi mate thanks for the great reply! I'll have to take a look, should fit.
0 likes
chemArchived member
the one near the throttle body can be blocked completely. run a boost guage off it later if you like. you need to hook up the PCV to the rocker cover (front one) The back one runs to the intake pipe between the AFM and turbo A pipe from the carbon cannister can then run to the same place on the intake pipe. one pic shows the FPR vac lines disconnected. failing having the black vacuum tank just copy the N/A config.
0 likes
CJWArchived member
As chem says the hose between the IAC valve and the cross over pipe is the culprit. You can block almost everything else up and get away with it but it won't run at all without that hose as it's sucking in air unmetered by the AFM = it's getting way more air than it thinks and not putting enough fuel in. Pretty sure it's a 5/8" hose from memory (could be 3/4"). Edit: just read you had it connected at some time? IAC valve bleed might be set to low for your engine (maybe). There is a screw on the back of the IAC valve, wind it most of the way out and try that.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 225 images saved from CT