Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

My 87 vl.

Started by InsneCrzy · 25 Mar 2014 · 10 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

InsneCrzyArchived member
Hey, I just bought a vl, I am 16 turning 17 this year. If you could give me ideas and it would be highly appricated, I'm new to the car scene and I'm not sure if I made the right choice buying this. Make / Model: 1987 vl Colour: lime. :/ Bodykit: standard Engine Type: rb30e Engine Mods od filter, plugs and leads Power: Exhaust: extractors to 2.5in right through Gearbox: standard auto Diff: standard Brakes: standard Suspension: king springs Wheels/Tyres: Interior: Stereo: none Future mods: full respray ( not sure of colour yet) manual conversion, engine rebuild haha. Not completely sure yet [/URL] Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Don't mind the colour, but what's going on with that window mould?
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
VL Aero Pillar Mould I think ^ I would hate to own a car that colour lol would get too much attention for my liking. Considering painting the wheels a darker colour?
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Immediate respray to any other colour than this lmao
0 likes
InsneCrzyArchived member
Resprays definitely on the list haha I hate this colour and I'm looking at reap rating the wheels black. Whoever owned this before has really bad taste haha. Dash is painted black now and have took off the white pair off the tail lights and painted the stripe under the tail lights silver.
0 likes
InsneCrzyArchived member
This is the old dash when I got it. (http://s118.photobucket.com/user/InsneCrzy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps363e07e3.jpg.html) Top half of the dash. ( bottom hasn't been installed) (http://s118.photobucket.com/user/InsneCrzy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsf201a03e.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
InsneCrzyArchived member
Sold, some fella gave me a cash offer and I took it up. Looking for a granny spec with rego as I'll be getting my p's soon.
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
lol that was fast
0 likes
InsneCrzyArchived member
Haha yeah. Oh well, wanted something original and something less attractive to the pigs haha. This just stands out and calls out them
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
Haha yeah a lime green Commodore isn't the best way to stay off the radar I'd imagine. Keep on looking, lol.
0 likes
InsneCrzyArchived member
Yeah haha found a few granny specs.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,616 threads, 76,964 posts and 952 images saved from CT

31.0% of indexed threads saved