21-03-14, 10:17 GMT+10#1
all new to the ls engines as I recently purchased a 6l vz ss it has had a cam upgrade otr exhaust I never new much of the dod in these engines my concern is with the cam upgade and stuff would the dod of been deleted or can you still run the engine with dod even though its been cammed,to which I found out that the engine still has dod in place just been turned off when tuned,my question is it safe to keep it as it is or would you spend the cost of getting it removed as its not cheap as i been told,its currently putting out 400rwhp and haven't had a problem with it as it is however theres a slight lifter noise but been told all ls engines tick is this true? am I been paranoid of the whole situation or just not worry about it and all should be fine,any help or info would put me to ease thanks.also would the cam in question be a dod type or non dod type?if it was a non dod type how would the car be running if its a dod engine and vice versa if its a dod cam what would be the point in removing the dod?
0 likes
