Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

A moment's silence for my old VL...

Started by dasmoogan · 14 Mar 2014 · 17 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

dasmooganArchived member
It has been a few years since I have been on this thread. I learned today that my first car has turned up in a wrecking yard. I bought her on January 2nd 2001, my senior year in high school, and sold her in 2008 to a great guy who took good care of her. He sold her to an enthusiastic young guy late last year. Perhaps the young guy was too enthusiastic... (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/das_moogan/media/VLforsale035smaller_zpsf8f87305.jpg.html) (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/das_moogan/media/TheEnd01_zps4595b438.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Sad, another one gone! Marty
0 likes
russo187Archived member
man that sucks...this is why I'll never sell my VL....It would kill me to see it wrecked
0 likes
MUSArchived member
WOW thats a really bad wreck!
0 likes
VL_NickArchived member
Very sad man when something like that happens. I remember this VL clearly as I absolutely loved the wheels that were on it and wanted a set.
0 likes
philbyArchived member
That suck's!!! Hope it was not a genuine A9Y
0 likes
dasmooganArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by philby [View Post] That suck's!!! Hope it was not a genuine A9Y Luckily by no means was it a genuine A9Y. It was, however, a very tidy SL dressed up in my favourite bits. This is what she looked like a few months after I bought her. (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/das_moogan/media/Morgscar_zps14cfa063.jpg.html) Conversion to Calais goodness (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/das_moogan/media/VL%20progress%20pics/07VLCalaisfrontrespray1.jpg.html) This was what happened inside - delicious Berlina interior (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/das_moogan/media/VLforsale019smaller.jpg.html) And the photos I took to sell her: (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/das_moogan/media/VLforsale048smaller.jpg.html) (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/das_moogan/media/VLforsale043smaller.jpg.html) (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/das_moogan/media/VLforsale035smaller.jpg.html) ---------- Post added 17-03-14 at 23:32 ---------- (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/das_moogan/media/TheEnd05_zps1b048169.jpg.html) (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/das_moogan/media/TheEnd06_zps0eb97f97.jpg.html) (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/das_moogan/media/TheEnd07_zps58c7b947.jpg.html) (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/das_moogan/media/TheEnd08_zps777dc9ac.jpg.html) (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/das_moogan/media/TheEnd09_zps19252eee.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
And a moments silence for my VL, this accident damn near killed me I was stationary at the traffic lights and got rammed by a speeding truck doing about 100kms. He didnt stop, just smashed straight into me. Was originally a rusted out crap red berlina, I restored her and painted her phantom black.. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
WOGPSIArchived member
Fark
0 likes
philbyArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dasmoogan [View Post] Luckily by no means was it a genuine A9Y. It was, however, a very tidy SL dressed up in my favourite bits. It still sucks to see all your hard work go up the 5h177er
0 likes
dasmooganArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MUS [View Post] And a moments silence for my VL, Wow, such a lovely restoration, and such a dramatic exit! That's extreme man! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
philbyArchived member
MUS fark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That 5h1t is seriously farked up! lucky there wasn't anyone in the back seat!
0 likes
usnailArchived member
Wow thats some scary stuff. How fast was the car going that rear ended you?
0 likes
CRZY-RBArchived member
hope you made it out unharmed mate!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
bachig24uArchived member
Well I suppose you found a permanent fix for an aircon problem. B00dyh3ll.. hope there are no long term injuries after that. looks like you stalled on a train track just before the midnight express.
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
Hard to find good calais rims these days.
0 likes
satansLBOArchived member
Holly god that's an eye opener.
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Holy crap MUS that's a shame
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 225 images saved from CT