Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Article: VL Fuel Tank Service

Started by Turismo · 14 Mar 2014 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

TurismoArchived member
Have a bit of time on my hands at work ....came across these today. Iv been conducting allot of research before i go ahead and renew my vls fuel system in its entirety, bar the alloy fuel lines. (Posted it in the turbo section to get more exposure) Warning I Strongly suggest removing the negative battery terminal lead once the fuel system has been depressurized (Step 1.) Also use eye protection in the form of clear safety glasses or goggles if not sunnies at the least. Breathing Easy http://www.streetcommodores.com.au/i...thing_easy.pdf (http://www.streetcommodores.com.au/images/tech/PDF/122_breathing_easy.pdf) I understand TUXEDO has produced a similar article in the Tech section of this forum detailing the obvious "How to install VN-VS long range fuel tank to VL" Found here: http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=257828 Another article featured at justcommodores.com.au also has some relative info. "Removal & Replaing internal fuel pump VL - VS sedan" Found here: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/...-vs-sedan.html (http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/holden-commodore-how-tos/190699-removal-replaing-internal-fuel-pump-vl-vs-sedan.html) Some pics (Basic Google image search). You could also try other search engines for example Bing lol Hope this helps others going down the same path. Cheers Dusty Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Thanks for posting. You should have put it in the tech section, only because if anybody needs it they wont look here.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
ahh Mod's Feel free to move thread. Will send a PM. Cheers MUS Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
GenieeArchived member
FYI: The cork gasket can be bought from Holden (apparently same as VS ones) (thanks to Chief355 for helping me)
0 likes
Coaster 1Archived member
Hello I have done this vn to vl tank conversion but I am having a few problems with the fuel pumps I have replaced both pumps with new ones I tested the in tank pump before replacing and it worked fine out of tank but once I put it into tank it refuses to pump fuel I have taken it back out and replaced it with another new one from telco and it still won't pump fuel can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong thanks coaster1
0 likes
formula3lArchived member
Have you checked for 12v at the fuel pump? Also check the fuses might have popped one while playing around.
0 likes
86_vlbtArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Coaster 1 [View Post] Hello I have done this vn to vl tank conversion but I am having a few problems with the fuel pumps I have replaced both pumps with new ones I tested the in tank pump before replacing and it worked fine out of tank but once I put it into tank it refuses to pump fuel I have taken it back out and replaced it with another new one from telco and it still won't pump fuel can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong thanks coaster1 make sure that you have to fuel pump wired up correctly. (i know sounds stupid but its but done before) and causes the intank pump to suck and not pump. quick way to test this is to unplug you intank pump and start the car should run but might not run the best hope this helps
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 14 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today16

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 71 images saved from CT