Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Learning About And Getting Free Bitcoins (And Other Cryptocurrencies)

Started by *LOACH* · 5 Mar 2014 · 14 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

*LOACH*Archived member
I hope this is an OK area to post this. I was interested in Bitcoins but I wanted to find out more without risking any real money so I found a few ways to get some for free. This is the best one I have found so far. It will not make you rich but you will get a better understanding of how things work with Bitcoins (and you actually get a very small amount of Bitcoins for learning about them). This does not require anything other than emails to work (No bank account numbers, no money etc). 1) Create a wallet by going here https://secure.coinjar.com/users/sign_up 2) Click on this link and create an account http://freebitco.in/?r=305088 using the wallet number from the Coinjar wallet. It is a very long set of numbers/letters that you copy and paste from Coinjar into the freebitcoin page. 3) Enter the captcha (the messed up words). Notes. You will see your balance go up in the top right hand corner of the freebitcoin page. Once this balance goes over 0.00005460 it will send it to your Coinjar wallet on the next Monday. I have done it a few times now and it works fine for me. As you can see it takes quite a few captchas to get the minimum payout (I have never got anything other than the minimum when entering the captcha). The Coinjar wallet is because of recommendations from Skylines Australia members and I believe Coinjar is Australian too. The link to the freecoins is via a referral to me. It doesnt affect your account in anyway but I get a bonus should you use the account. I haven't noticed my spam emails go up since I have started and I have been using a lot of sites requiring my email address (I only seem to get one or 2 spam emails a day and they are from similar sources as to what I got spam emails from before I started looking into Bitcoins). Depending on whether people find this helpful or not I will post up other ways of getting free Bitcoins aswell (although the rewards arent as good as this one). Before that I will talk about Dogecoins as I have found some ways to get them too.
0 likes
giantbrandonArchived member
I started one as I read all those people that lost real money using it lol
0 likes
*LOACH*Archived member
Because of MT Gox? That was a trading company. I never give any real dollars or my accounts etc so I cant see how I could loose real money by playing around with Bitcoins etc. Recently I have been visiting websites with ads as the Bitcoin amounts you receive have increased. This is the best one I have found so far: https://coinad.com/?r=UQQ7MUDZ0RF5725
0 likes
giantbrandonArchived member
yeah that trading company. im the same no real dollars, but I guess its no different to the banks having our money and its all electronic Ill hit that one up for some more bitcoins thanks
0 likes
*LOACH*Archived member
no worries mate, good luck with it.
0 likes
5spdvlArchived member
The only way to get a serious amount of BCs is to use a FPGA based bit coin mining machine, and it needs to be powerful enough to mine enough coins to offset its power consumption.
0 likes
*LOACH*Archived member
Many people buy them or trade them for other crypto currencies. Also there are a number of shops/companies accepting them even in Australia as well as online vendors for any number of different things people may want to buy. Having said that the purpose of this thread wasn't really to inform people on how to get a lot of coins but merely to give people a risk free method of learning about them by collecting small amounts, using wallets, faucets etc etc. I have also found it a pretty painless way to get some coins. I am on the net for a few hours a day sending emails, doing work stuff etc etc so visiting a few extra sites isn't really a hassle. Anyway if anyone is interested in Dogecoins I can post some info. about them up.
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 5spdvl [View Post] The only way to get a serious amount of BCs is to use a FPGA based bit coin mining machine, and it needs to be powerful enough to mine enough coins to offset its power consumption. I looked into this but i dont understand how it works, any chance of a run down? I dont get how an extra computer running an algorithm can generate bitcoins :S
0 likes
giantbrandonArchived member
I have 0.0001 in my coinjar ha ha
0 likes
jrw287Archived member
had a mate who made $20K on bitcoins. i wanted to get into it but its so confusing and pretty unregulated so i thought it would be safer not to play just yet
0 likes
giantbrandonArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by jrw287 [View Post] had a mate who made $20K on bitcoins. i wanted to get into it but its so confusing and pretty unregulated so i thought it would be safer not to play just yet did he invest his own money into it?
0 likes
*LOACH*Archived member
For those interested in Dogecoin (it recently sponsored a Nascar and will again) here is a good way to get some free ones. http://freedoge.co.in/?r=17488 You will need a Dogecoin wallet so go here if you don't have one http://dogecoin.com/getting-started/
0 likes
VLHOODArchived member
you guys rich yet?
0 likes
SinArchived member
haha awesome bump Quote: Originally Posted by jrw287 [View Post] had a mate who made $20K on bitcoins. i wanted to get into it but its so confusing and pretty unregulated so i thought it would be safer not to play just yet Wonder if he kept any, would be worth millions now.....
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
That guy would be kicking himself if he cashed out at $20K and spent it.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 10 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT