Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Microtech LT8 questions

Started by Patrickmm · 4 Mar 2014 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

PatrickmmArchived member
Hey guys I'm building a RB30DET(well two actually), my current/first one is a standard 30 bottom end with forged pistons, new rings and bearings. It's getting a GT42r, Greddy forward facing plenum, 1000cc injectors and a manualized C4 with transbrake and a 4000ish stallie. I have been given a LT8 from one of the boys I work with so I'm keen to make that work. I know they only have 4 injector drivers and the wiring diagram microtech provide shows how to wire it up to run 6 injectors. Series 1 rb25s use an igniter box that the standard loom plugs into then the coil pack loom comes off it. The LT8 has 4x ignition drivers, Am I right in saying that I can wire 3outputs to the Nissan igniter box and run a wasted spark set up?
0 likes
Kasman88Archived member
I know this is an old thread, but theorically this sounds right.. did you manage to run it this way? You may also be able to use the 4x box.
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
i run a lt10s and only has 4 ign outputs. so i put a x4 box on and ran a ef coil pack with wasted spark
0 likes
Kasman88Archived member
looking at their diagram for both the lt8 and the lt10 there isnt much difference between them in regards to ignition and injectors. Micro****s dont answer their phones anymore and are very limited in their emails. Poor form from their bit, fair amount of money being spent with them and they dont bother to assist self tuners in their inquires. no wonder people outlay a little more and get haltec ecus
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT