Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Vl ls1 rpm Tacho question

Started by pazy_69 · 1 Mar 2014 · 11 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

pazy_69Archived member
Wanting to know is there a way to wire Vl standard dash with rpm Tacho to ls1 motor I have all the dash work but not the rpms an I don't want aftermarket Tacho Thank you
0 likes
kevspecArchived member
I wpuld assume you would need to have a factory v8 dash and juat connect tje trigger wire
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
Ls1 pcm's put out a 4 cyl signal so it's gonna be a bit trickier than that . Maybe contact a local gauge place .
0 likes
pazy_69Archived member
I didn't think PCM would be a option, Is it possible to splice into coil wiring straight to dash or should I just go buy a aftermarket tacho
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
Red plug , pin 10 , brown wire is tacho output signal . Save yourself the headache and fit an aftermarket tacho .
0 likes
morhiusvzArchived member
Can u change the pcm output in the tune?
0 likes
pazy_69Archived member
Not sure, if you can change the output on PCM can someone let me know that would be much better
0 likes
TUXEDOArchived member
RB GEM. I run an Auto-Meter tacho in mine wired in with the Auto-Meter direct fire adapter as per Auto-Meter instructions but the tacho just flips out at WOT and goes spastic. Have you just wired yours directly to the PCM as you stated above without the adapter and snipped the wires on the tacho to suit 4 cyl?
0 likes
PSI086Archived member
I've bought one of these for the conversion in my V6 4runner. Haven't wired it in yet though so I can't confirm how well it works http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...127/prd127.htm (http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=127/prd127.htm)
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXEDO [View Post] RB GEM. I run an Auto-Meter tacho in mine wired in with the Auto-Meter direct fire adapter as per Auto-Meter instructions but the tacho just flips out at WOT and goes spastic. Have you just wired yours directly to the PCM as you stated above without the adapter and snipped the wires on the tacho to suit 4 cyl? I just started mine yesterday , haven't had it at wot . My gauges are are dakota digital and I've wired it to the pcm and changed the setting to 4 cyl . This is the right way to go about it
0 likes
pazy_69Archived member
I might try this Dakota adapter, has anyone used it before seems like a easy fix, which wire on back of dash would u connect it too
0 likes
pazy_69Archived member
Dakota adaptor works great took 10 min to install thanks for help
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT