Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Guys after the HDT picture thread and the original thread have been big hits, I have thought of this vlt picture archive thread.
Now basically in this thread I'm after pics/info/discussion on vlts from yesteryear.
The thought came to me whilst searching through this site for pics of 2 vlts from the past [BNGBUS] the mulberry Calais turbo and [HIJAKT] the red sl turbo not the yellow bt1
If anyone has pics of the above could you please post.
Basically I'm am after pics from pre 2010
This is not so much are where are the now thread more so a picture thread of vlts from the golden day lol.
Post/discuss away
(Ps I can see the majority of vlts with gauges on the bonnet and number plates under headlights lol)
0 likes
My old calais. Early 2000 spec haha. And if anyone knows where it is, could you please let me know. I would love to get it back!
(http://s235.photobucket.com/user/sohc2/media/dvl2.jpg.html)
(http://s235.photobucket.com/user/sohc2/media/dvl4.jpg.html)
(http://s235.photobucket.com/user/sohc2/media/RIMG1563-1.jpg.html)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Hahaha that screams early 2000s especially the polished dumpy how could we forgot the polished dumpy (exhaust tip)
It looked good man I always liked that calais
0 likes
That Calais had the 2 litre engine didn't it?
I still have those pics saved in pc somewhere.
0 likes
keep this thread alive
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Luxjet pics not working dude
0 likes
Sexy Calais up top..
These are fairly old pics. Not sure if it's the threads criteria.
I miss the days when vlt's were absolutely everywhere on any given night.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Same seriously even once a week you'd see them at least now days you'd be lucky to see em at all just driving around with the exception of DEETS who I see every now and again on station st Fairfield (you legend lol)
0 likes
(http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/Lachlan87/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps5f708676.jpg.html)
(http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/Lachlan87/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps9b73c502.jpg.html)
(http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/Lachlan87/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc45ba4e8.jpg.html)
(http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/Lachlan87/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps9895ad4f.jpg.html)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
12-03-14, 20:04 GMT+10#11 lol that was a fail by me
0 likes
12-03-14, 20:17 GMT+10#12 http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ECqsB0VzTDg
Almost bought a tear to my eye watching that
0 likes
12-03-14, 21:58 GMT+10#13 Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsa
[View Post]
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ECqsB0VzTDg
Almost bought a tear to my eye watching that
Classic footage!
0 likes
12-03-14, 22:33 GMT+10#14 Classic footage! Pretty much has been 10years since you could say the vl scene was at its absolute best in victoria. Will never be as good as then.
0 likes
13-03-14, 00:31 GMT+10#15 Will never be anywhere near that status again.
0 likes
13-03-14, 11:40 GMT+10#16 Where have all these vls gone?
0 likes
13-03-14, 14:23 GMT+10#17 Quote:
Originally Posted by 12maneym
[View Post]
Where have all these vls gone?
In garages or getting built. I've got 3 mates who are all almost finished building their yellow BT1 VLT replicas and should be on the streets shortly.
0 likes
13-03-14, 15:45 GMT+10#19 Love to see whats going on with alot of the melb vls from back then the only one that gets out really these days still is huss's idarya and bes's
Ive got some pics ill chuck up later on my comp, psivlt, jetbt1, gmhpsi, ltsjet, xitenu, flypsi, aprec8, vltbt1, tpscrt etc would be good to see what else people can dig out.
I recently found a cd with all the vids we used to take back then, really average quality, HDTJET, rickym, and all the northern boys pretty much, some good footage!
Good times had back then, when i had my orig vlt sly747 makes me miss it!
Also anyone know what happened to jay (BlackVL) off here, he had a nice build going for years but has vanished off here! Also matty from wangaratta with the candy apple calais STOCK6. What ever happened to that, hands down my fave vl
0 likes
13-03-14, 16:19 GMT+10#20 How I miss when Melbourne had all the fast vl's then the Sydney boys took over and killed the car scene down here. Because let's face it when breshani, PET, Rajab,JPC where all at the track with min of 2 or 3 vls week after week those were the days. I can even remember blokes going home after Calder park then rolling the car off the trailer and driving it down for a quiet dinner at bell maccas lol
0 likes