Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
sorry if this has been brought up before but I cant find it.Looking at a 15x8 weld prostar with a 26x9 slick on it what back space would I be looking at?standard diff,standard springs.i know the seat belt bolt needs to be grinded off.any other useful hints would be appreciated.
damo
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFECTD
[View Post]
sorry if this has been brought up before but I cant find it.Looking at a 15x8 weld prostar with a 26x9 slick on it what back space would I be looking at?standard diff,standard springs.i know the seat belt bolt needs to be grinded off.any other useful hints would be appreciated.
damo
5" and you should be fine
0 likes
what about for a diff shortened 1.5 inch either side?
0 likes
if 5" is good and the diff shrtened 1.5" either side then 3.5" backspace would be safe.
simple math.
0 likes
5" BS ain't gunna fit with a standard rear end...no way...5.5" stretching it! More like 6" with a stock length diff...
0 likes
(http://s144.photobucket.com/user/bigpsi/media/BAA6B0C7-B8F1-435E-BB86-903FC6A551A6.jpg.html)
This is a 8.5 inch/5 inch back space convo with a 255 tyre
Can't believe people would give advice that 5 inch backspace fits lol
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
thanks guys,the biggest back space I can find for a prostar is 5.5".....................................guess its a matter of finding out.if anyone has a 5.5" back space 15x8 under their vl id love to hear from you.cheers damo
0 likes
10-05-14, 00:38 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by DFECTD
[View Post]
thanks guys,the biggest back space I can find for a prostar is 5.5".....................................guess its a matter of finding out.if anyone has a 5.5" back space 15x8 under their vl id love to hear from you.cheers damo
I don't think there is any 15x8 that will fit 'properly'
For my car to sit nice needs about 40mm shorter per side (haven't 100% finished measuring)
0 likes
10-05-14, 10:34 GMT+10#11 sorry they do a 6.5" I just found out
0 likes
11-05-14, 08:50 GMT+10#12 You could always get a set of 15inch simmons and have them done in whatever offset you want .
0 likes
11-05-14, 09:54 GMT+10#13 I have 15x8/3.5 inch b/s with 255 et streets, diff shortened 68mm p/side.
0 likes
11-05-14, 12:36 GMT+10#14 Did you have to move the shocks at all ? I thought the brakes would hit the shocks after 50 mm
0 likes
11-05-14, 12:48 GMT+10#15 All standard just cut down and changed back to drums. i was worried about the drums but the car still pulls up with no chute from 158mph.
0 likes
12-05-14, 00:34 GMT+10#16 sherman do u remember the overall diameter of the diff drum to drum because i remember my diff was drum braked and was 1400 from memory ... mind u mine was a vh but iam sure they are the same as vl from memory ...
hear is a pic of it ...
with convos 15" by 8" or 8,5 with 3 3/8s backspace
with simmons 18" by 9"s with 4 inch dish and 5 inch backspace un tubbed
[/URL]
(http://s645.photobucket.com/user/bt_vlct/media/p1042060410_zpsf5a89c9c.jpg.html)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
12-05-14, 16:56 GMT+10#17 Nah I don't know the full width sorry. Car looks awesome on the simmons!
0 likes
16-05-14, 15:09 GMT+10#18 Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpsi
[View Post]
I don't think there is any 15x8 that will fit 'properly'
For my car to sit nice needs about 40mm shorter per side (haven't 100% finished measuring)
I'm having 8s made at the moment, the guy doing them has allowed me to mess around with backspacing...the end result is if you want an 8" cop rim to fit, the inside edge has to be within a few mm of the trailing arm...end up with about 2" of lip so backspacing is more like 6"...I will try and get the measurements off him.
Off the shelf is obviously a different story! As I found out with the convos I just bought...theyre 'flush' to say the least...
0 likes
17-05-14, 20:43 GMT+10#19 In my old Calais I cut the lip part off the outer edge of the trailing arm and welded a plate on top of the arm to give the tyre clearance
0 likes
18-05-14, 08:19 GMT+10#20 What's a good size wheel/tyre combo to use at the track when using a standard width vl diff ?
0 likes