Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Is this VL Worth it?

Started by Psychotik · 27 Feb 2014 · 24 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

PsychotikArchived member
Found a car. This thread is now not needed.
0 likes
inkArchived member
You'd have to be demented to buy that!! Naaaah looks the goods, maybe ditch the rims. Are you going to commit a turbo conversion?
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Hahaha. I will ditch the rims, they ****ed up the odometer and yeh probably if I find the time and the money etc.
0 likes
aus880Archived member
not worth 2500 maybe 1500 absolute tops
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
I live in Western Australia, I hope you're aware that everything is inflated over here. Not to mention that, the car only has 50,000kms on the engine. ---------- Post added 28-02-14 at 07:57 ---------- Car has 0 RUST and recently resprayed as well.
0 likes
gilbo-333Archived member
I cant say ive ever seen brake pads leak before but im sure that would be an easy fix..
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Yeah it really is.
0 likes
nate26Archived member
why don't you buy a standard car and fix it up to your liking, instead of taking someone else's half finished attempt? even if it's in poor condition it will give you a good opportunity to learn how to restore and repair things yourself. WA is no excuse! you can virtually buy a whole car worth of parts from ebay these days
0 likes
aus880Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Demented [View Post] I live in Western Australia, I hope you're aware that everything is inflated over here. Not to mention that, the car only has 50,000kms on the engine. ---------- Post added 28-02-14 at 07:57 ---------- Car has 0 RUST and recently resprayed as well. it looks like a Leb special, shocking colour, sports steering wheel and stupid bling wheels. Looks like it would have been a P plater special you can pick up late model cars so cheap these days why would you mess around with a POS like that? a VE SS ute struggled to get 10K the other day at auction how much of the engine has been rebuilt/replaced? and what about the starter, alternator, gearbox, diff, brakes? yes the brakes with the 'leaking pads' and ask yourself why was it resprayed?
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
I wouldn't buy it, but that's just me. Respray looks dodgey, looks like it was a cheap job. arial is orange and looks like overspray around the rear window seal. It's an NA auto with a dash rewind/swap. All the best.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Could any of you guys help me find one that is nice located in Western Australia, specifically nesr Perth or 100KMS from Pinjarra. I need one for around 3000-3500d or a price I can easily negotiate down to that price range. Would need the car to be registered. ---------- Post added 28-02-14 at 14:09 ---------- Also PM me rather than reply as posts need to be approved and I need to know this info ASAP.
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Pretty sure this is the car that deton8 handed round he paid for it as a roller $800 I'm pretty sure
0 likes
inkArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by rb25vlt8 [View Post] Pretty sure this is the car that deton8 handed round he paid for it as a roller $800 I'm pretty sure Yeah good call! I think it's a closed door respray hey? If you want to know what owning a VL is like, go get all your hard earned money, bury it in a jar in the backyard and draw a map. Hide the map somewhere, but conveniently forget where you hid the map. And then you'll be thinking: "man I wish had that money, I'm really broke, I have no money now" Having a VL results in no money, because your always fixing the old thing.
0 likes
NoirArchived member
Pm me the vin. I might know the history of that car Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk
0 likes
OliverArchived member
I wouldn't buy it... keep looking mate there are plenty around for sale atm. Fully original http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tappi...ore/1038615891 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tapping/cars-vans-utes/vl-commodore/1038615891) for $5k
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Oliver [View Post] I wouldn't buy it... keep looking mate there are plenty around for sale atm. Fully original http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tappi...ore/1038615891 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tapping/cars-vans-utes/vl-commodore/1038615891) for $5k Car was sold, guy needs to remove ad thats all.
0 likes
OliverArchived member
Ah bugger, I have seen that one in the flesh it was very clean.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/perth...dan/1038797884 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/perth-region/cars-vans-utes/1986-holden-commodore-sedan/1038797884) How about this one? Looks clean but odo stopped at 250,000kms so it could have 300 000kms+ on it
0 likes
satansLBOArchived member
The orange re spray from busso is an absolute heaper! White does one looks better, but keep looking mate, original as possible is the key.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
What does heaper mean?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today91

7,519 threads, 49,751 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved