Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Just wondering what the ideal rpm to be crossing the finishing line at? eg: peak power at 6000rpm and redline at 7000rpm, would you want to cross the line at 7000rpm? Also any experiences with diff ratio changes or tyre size that affected ET/MPH. Cheers
0 likes
Ideally you want to use all of your gearing. I have 3.45's and 255/60/15's, I cross at about 7400. Depends on converter slip also.
0 likes
So is your rev limit around 7500rpm or shift point? Cheers
0 likes
I've been through 3 different gear ratios there is only 1 answer to your question, run it down the strip how it is and then make changes from there every car is different,
0 likes
My limiters at 7700ish, I change at around 7600ish.
0 likes
After the recent drag meet, Ive found that my car is going across the line at around 61-6200rpm and Im shifting at 69-7000rpm, which it also pulls hard to. It has 3.0 gears at the moment, with 3.25's it should cross the line at around 6700ish depending on the MPH. Should I change my gearing? Has anyone had a similar experience with an improvement in MPH? Cheers
0 likes