Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hiya all
I would like to know how do I go about getting air conditioning added to my VL (V8). Is there new kits available? Or would I need to source a used one?
Would like to hear of anyone doing this.
0 likes
Was your VL optioned with one? Will make it easier if so. Otherwise, you'll need a functioning compressor that can be bolted to the block that will line up with the AC belt V on the crank pulley. AFAIK there was only one kind of crank pulley. Then you'll need a condenser, dehydrator, lines, auxiliary fan, and what not. Most of it you can source off an RB30E VL, just not sure if the compressors differ.
So I believe this is pretty much a stock VL V8; AC compressor is on the top left. Looks like the same unit, but your best bet is to check with Denso etc (a company that can supply a brand new compressor) and see if they have the same part numbers. Beware, new compressors can be $1000+. If it's the same part number, then a cleaned-up good condition RB30E one should work, provided with have the right mounting bracket and lines made to suit.
You'll need a wiring diagram to set it all up, which is easy to find on here.
0 likes