Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

VL A9Q - My 1st VL

Started by Sir Hoon · 31 Jan 2014 · 1 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Sir HoonArchived member
Back in 2001 I had the pleasure of cruising around in my mates 5L BT1.. It was a pure drivers delight... Since then I had a VH SS group 2 4.2L (which i was hounded to sell for years) then a few CV8 Monaros .... Still have one. The 5.7L 6speed is fast, but there is some kind of magic in the carburetted Aussie V8. With that on my mind, I searched gumtree mid November, thinking lets see if there are any well kept unmolested cars were out there... I looked for specifically that I'd had nothing but good experiences with them and it was the last Quadrajet fed Aussie V8. Someone up there sure heard me... I come across this VL Exec A9Q... In really good condition and only 88,000 Kms it was exactly what I was looking for... A leap of faith as it was in Homebush NSW and I am in WA A few pics anyway... Driveway after it was Delivered (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/DeviceNet/media/2014-01/14CB1779-42A7-4A96-8FD0-676069C807DF_zpsgraztnge.jpg.html) Shed (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/DeviceNet/media/2014-01/A490A5F8-5292-4FD2-A6A7-EB386E7B8FBC_zpsmmus4y0l.jpg.html) Engine (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/DeviceNet/media/2013-11/8A8C5781-3672-4D44-B2BE-C536589B0935_zpsivnn0bjl.jpg.html) outside (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/DeviceNet/media/2013-11/F4A18617-1AC0-4613-9B32-BF132E82A7FF_zpsqgsvqnqo.jpg.html) (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/DeviceNet/media/2013-11/5788DD86-FDCE-420B-939A-6FAEE231322D_zpsujsi1xl5.jpg.html) (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/DeviceNet/media/2013-11/00D0E432-3E07-45E4-8603-0D9482B1F1C0_zps5jpsczle.jpg.html) (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/DeviceNet/media/2013-11/A40C25F4-FCF1-4651-9BCD-7D0453A308D0_zpscxwzs3mn.jpg.html) As for mods... The front seats seem to be off a later commodore Future mods... Maybe the cold air setup the VLs had. Maybe minor sound system upgrade. I like it the way it is and haven't got any major mods in the pipeline. It's somewhat rare to see a stock VL V8 these days Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
looks nice! you are corret about the rarity of nice original VL's especially v8's. I'd recommend you consider an in glove box CD player. you can even buy shorter sized "media players" which do ipod radio dab etc without cd. use something like that with some decent quality 4" fronts and 6.5" rear splits and you wont have to cut holes, no cut doortrims and no cut dash. win win everywhere. VL's are getting to that age where original tape decks are getting desirable. apart from that lose the wheels and clean the engine bay asap. also maybe lose the front seats. get something era correct. late model only if theyre sports seats and even then get the trim to match up. Looks like you scored well buying sight unseen Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 7 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today46

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 344 images saved from CT