Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Toyota hilux performance upgrades

Started by SLDSHO · 27 Jan 2014 · 1 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

SLDSHOArchived member
Hi guys I have an 04 Toyota hilux just wondering what an I do to gain more power and is there any kits out there I've looked around I can only find turbo kits of eBay which I don't trust. What can I do to make more power I've seen people that do a chip and full 3" turbo back exhaust and should I have a snorkel. Thanks
0 likes
BOB18UArchived member
04 would be d4d yes? If so a 3inch exhaust from manta and a chip is your best bet for a power gain. Chip it in WA are one of the better ones. Another mod is a catch can. They have an egr system and they like to clog up the intercooler and intake with sludge. You cannot block the egr. Racor do an excellent universal catch can. It's a racor 4550. You can run any type of catch can that isn't vented to atmosphere. A water seperator inline with the fuel filter is a must to protect the fuel pump and injectors. Have you had your injectors and seals replaced? They're renowned for using an inferior seal in the older d4d's which bleed fuel passed the injectors and mix with the oil. This clogs up the oil pickup in turn lunching you motor. Baileys diesel service do a replacement kit for this. It's around th $2500 mark. Get a scangauge as well. It tells you everything your car is doing. A good investment for under $300ish Can't think of much else but I'm sure there is something I have missed. Check out pradopoint and newhilux.net for more info.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT