Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

EOI: Power Window Delay Module

Started by F2thaK · 25 Jan 2014 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

F2thaKArchived member
Ive made and fitted a power window delay module to my VL. It keeps the power on for 2 minutes after the key is turned off. I tell you its bloody awesome! I was sick of turning the key off and removing it automatically after driving, only to have to put it back in and turn it on again just to wind the windows up! Im looking to produce and sell them, so I thought Id gauge peoples interest on here. Its easy enough to install yourself, only 3 wires to hook up all in the fuse box. Module is quite small, only 83 x 54 x 31mm. At the moment price is looking to be around $80 + postage ($8 regular, $11.50 express) Please let me know if your interested, what you think of price, etc. Cheers, Steve
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Would this suit other cars as well, or could you modify it easy enough?
0 likes
radz86Archived member
You can buy window roll up modules. needs to be wired into an alarm tho. So when you active your alarm the windows automatically roll up. ebay $35 - $55 still a good idea you have come up with especially if you havent got an aftermarket alarm.
0 likes
*LOACH*Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by F2thaK [View Post] Ive made and fitted a power window delay module to my VL. It keeps the power on for 2 minutes after the key is turned off. I tell you its bloody awesome! I was sick of turning the key off and removing it automatically after driving, only to have to put it back in and turn it on again just to wind the windows up! Im looking to produce and sell them, so I thought Id gauge peoples interest on here. Its easy enough to install yourself, only 3 wires to hook up all in the fuse box. Module is quite small, only 83 x 54 x 31mm. At the moment price is looking to be $120 + postage ($8 regular, $11.50 express) Please let me know if your interested, what you think of price, etc. Cheers, Steve Good on you for having a go at making something yourself. I don't have power windows on my VL but I hope it works out well for you.
0 likes
F2thaKArchived member
It works perfectly. I know about auto window winders for alarms, but if you want to leave your windows cracked while your car is locked, you might not be able to. ---------- Post added 27-01-14 at 12:12 ---------- Im sure it could work with almost any car, I just wouldnt know 100% how to wire it in.
0 likes
VLCT88Archived member
My window roll up module on my alarm is triggered by a button on my alarm, so can still leave them down with the alarm armed if needed...
0 likes
F2thaKArchived member
will have some of these for sale soon
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT