Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

tail light rubbers

Started by grunter01 · 21 Jan 2014 · 12 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

grunter01Archived member
Can anyone tell me where to get new tail light rubbers? i need these like yesterday so any help would be great. kirk [phone removed]
0 likes
SteveArchived member
They come with new TYC lights, otherwise try Rare Spares..
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
Yeah I got lights new but didn't come with the lights, rare spares don't sell them seperate
0 likes
WaughyArchived member
Where did you buy the lights? I thought they all came with the seals. Maybe try one of the ebay sellers to see if they can get some without buying lights.
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Any luck mate I think I have a set stashed away but I'm in wa could post to u
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
Na couldn't find them, are yours new of old?
0 likes
KALAYArchived member
pinchapart?
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
They don't seal properly anyway kirk . Clean up some old ones and use some silastic or windscreen sealant on them . That way no leaks for sure . Did you end up getting those wheels you were after ?
0 likes
cornchipsArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB-GEM [View Post] They don't seal properly anyway kirk . Clean up some old ones and use some silastic or windscreen sealant on them . That way no leaks for sure . Did you end up getting those wheels you were after ? The best trick I've found is to use a product called mollycote, basically it's a water proof clear grease looks and feels a bit like vasoline. Smear them both sides prior to fitting don't need heaps just a light coverage and u will never have a leak. That way there not stuck permanent and it keeps them soft Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
GMHVNArchived member
hi mate Give a wrecker called commcar in vic a ring. I know they stock new aftermarket ones. Not sure if they post though. Cant see why not.
0 likes
pigsyArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by grunter01 [View Post] Na couldn't find them, are yours new of old? kirk give me a call l'll take the ones out of my car u can have them
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
New ones mate
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB-GEM [View Post] They don't seal properly anyway kirk . Clean up some old ones and use some silastic or windscreen sealant on them . That way no leaks for sure . Did you end up getting those wheels you were after ? Yeah George bought a set but haven't chose what colour combo I want yet... I wanna put a set on my car first and see what I like. ---------- Post added 31-01-14 at 12:17 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by pigsy [View Post] kirk give me a call l'll take the ones out of my car u can have them Will do troy
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT