Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Candy Apple red RB25/30 big power build

Started by ns15tnt · 15 Jan 2014 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

ns15tntArchived member
I bought a vl Calais turbo with crap paint, straight body on stickies. Motor rb25det standard injectors gt35.63 turbo with front mount. Trans manual 5speed r33 with Jim berry clutch Diff 28spline axels mini spool Tailshaft 2 piece piece of crap all screwed Fuel walbro in tank The car was running rough on unknown boost When I bought it most things worked expect tachometer or fuel gauge. They were fixed pretty quickly So I decided to paint it. The colour CANDY APPLE RED Came out pretty nice but not perfect. Then I decided new brakes and wheels setup. So I got vy club sport brakes and made them fit new hub adaptors and modification to the disk. New 19 inch ve ssv wheels machines to fit vl and new tyres to clear the strut So then got it back I've decided I'm gonna built this motor to a rb30/25 hoping for 9s. Then I snapped the tailshaft in half and twisted the yoke. Off for a new one So I bought all bolt on parts for now to make a bit of power before the motor comes out for all the forgies So I bought Greddy plenum, nizpro 740cc injectors, new wastegate 50mm turbo smart, new piping, new battery, 80mm throttle body, candy apple red engine covers, tomei Poncams. So the build begins got all the parts on and got the heads ported and new double valve springs. And new tailshaft with upgraded heavy duty yokes new unis and cvs rated for 950hp Just for motorvation I ran out of time to start the motor and turbo setup. So I got it tuned and running nice made ok power- 421hp on 16 psi pump fuel dyno sheet provided Still to come are 31 spline axels 4.11 diff gears, Gt42r on 6 boost manifold Upgraded fuel setup with new injectors New tomei cam gears Forged pistons con rods and bearings in a rb30 Also maybe change to a 2 speed power glide Few snaps of before and after... And dyno sheet with the diff gears holding it back. ALL COMMENTS WELCOME LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK BEFORE (http://postimg.org/image/krpohmifx/) (http://postimg.org/image/7ma6biokd/) (http://postimg.org/image/nw0ceez8d/) (http://postimg.org/image/msg82gel9/) (http://postimg.org/image/eyfmh26sd/) (http://postimg.org/image/krpohmifx/) (http://postimg.org/image/7ma6biokd/) (http://postimg.org/image/nw0ceez8d/) (http://postimg.org/image/msg82gel9/) (http://postimg.org/image/eyfmh26sd/) AFTER (http://postimg.org/image/ncqqkcrwd/) (http://postimg.org/image/fvhj552d9/) (http://postimg.org/image/nzpn9vosd/) (http://postimg.org/image/fla0lsnr1/) (http://postimg.org/image/ougs9nm0t/) (http://postimg.org/image/o7hvk4p4t/) (http://postimg.org/image/dje4laf5p/) (http://postimg.org/image/t9um16919/) (http://postimg.org/image/54twjgoql/) (http://postimg.org/image/7serg2se5/) (http://postimg.org/image/5mkglkoxp/) (http://postimg.org/image/o4tejjw3h/) (http://postimg.org/image/g0laet9od/) (http://postimg.org/image/5t2r2engd/) (http://postimg.org/image/n533nugxp/) (http://postimg.org/image/hn5wmawcd/) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PWR 747Archived member
get a photo with all the trim back on, looking good thought, any plans on painting the bay? Havent seen polished ssv's before, not bad mate!
0 likes
ns15tntArchived member
Yeah I will be getting the bay painted when the motor comes out. Yeah polished ssv rims not massive fan but they suit the car got them off a mate cheap so they are ok. I want custom interior too
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT