Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Coolant piping

Started by NZMike · 8 Jan 2014 · 1 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

NZMikeArchived member
Hi all, I have been slowly putting my engine back together. I went to clean up my coolant piping and found a few little issues. Here is the piping I am talking about. (https://imageshack.com/i/1xkghoj) First up does this part look correct? (https://imageshack.com/i/giw653j) Just by looking at it i can tell it has been modified. I tried running water through and the thin pipe doesn't allow any water to go through. I'm thinking where that pipe is welded on it has either rusted shut or never was open. Which makes the next issue make a little more sense. The pipe that connects to the pipe with the issue has a small hole in it. (https://imageshack.com/i/nae2rpj) When i had the car running, which wasn't for very long, i never had any coolant leaks. It was only once i gave this pipe a light wipe that the hole was noticeable. Could this mean that i didn't have any coolant running through this hose? sure it would have had some at some stage for it to rust but i'm thinking that whenever the previous pipe was modified the little pipe never had coolant after that. I would just try to get second hand parts to replace them but since im in NZ ill have to fix these or make new ones. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
There has to be other rb30s you can get pipes off in NZ mate. I live remote in WA and I still get every thing I need from across Australia. By pass the plenum if your still running the stock gear. T pease the coolant bypass. Other wise those pipes are to stay as nature intended for best results. You won't see them plus the amount of crap that runs under the plenum will make it a fruitless exercise. Good luck in finding the pipes mate.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

2 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today38

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 273 images saved from CT