Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Momo steering wheel, what's it worth?

Started by bck2basic · 3 Jan 2014 · 10 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

bck2basicArchived member
Well I went to the local wreckers yesterday to find a roadworthy steering wheel for my vl. They didn't have any vl ones, the only vk one they had was torn to ****, and I wasn't sure a vn would fit, even though they look ****. He had a few aftermarket ones that possibly would pass roady depending on the roadworthier, but most likely the cops would ping me. So trying to decide what to do, I thought id have a look around at the other cars and see if there was anything that would work, knowing I had to get something that bolted to a boss kit. I then came across a ea or eb xr6 that I looked into, and low and behold I found something, I had been looking at buying a vl hdt momo steering wheel, but didn't really want to spend $400-$500. I found this (http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/bck2basic12/media/C42E094C-7A68-4CBA-955A-C5CA42F91D1F_zpsfz6df5zj.jpg.html) (http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/bck2basic12/media/F35C5D9F-410A-48CE-9B51-44EDF3E188A0_zpsjo9ujiim.jpg.html) Hoping it was worth something even if I could use it or not, I thought it was a momo but wasn't sure, I checked, and it was. Not knowing what it was worth but knowing the vl ones sell for a **** load, and knowing that the wreckers prices are normally very steep, I played it cool (I thought anyway) and went over and told him I found a ford that had a steering wheel that fits to the boss kit and that had a horn pad, and I didn't care if it had ford on it, as it was only to pass roady. He came over and had a look and I was bracing myself for the $400 price tag, I asked him how much, and he said $85. The question is, did he not know what he had or do I think that I have something, when infact, I don't. What's it worth? It has all it's stitching and the only downside is it's worn a bit from about 11 o'clock to 5 o'clock, but there are no chunks missing. All horn buttons work. Thanks Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
KALAYArchived member
i don't think they are anything special... could be wrong though
0 likes
bck2basicArchived member
I thought they are the same as a vn group a wheel?
0 likes
radz86Archived member
Looks the same and both are a Momo M38 type
0 likes
bck2basicArchived member
So are they worth anything? Well more than I payed anyway?
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
To the right person it is worth more than you paid, just check there is no subtle difference in the centre piece.
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
if your looking for that vl grp a style of wheel maybe search ebay world wide.i got one for $200 new and delivered i think.its a mazda mx5 momo wheel from memory.basically the same except the center pad. but anyway not a bad price for the ford wheel. (http://s392.photobucket.com/user/nasty12026/media/20131103_120250_zpsc9c9b3a0.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
bck2basicArchived member
Thanks, I'll keep an eye open. Id like to know what kind of money I could get for the ford one, because if it's a good amount, I would just sell it and buy a vl one with extra cash. But if I get **** all for it, if just keep it and be happy with it.
0 likes
AVG45Archived member
Put it on Ebay for $385
0 likes
bck2basicArchived member
You think someone would buy it?
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
condition is key and that looks quite nice. list it for 200-300. (after some leather conditioner and polish) being an xr6 it isn't especially rare. it has a more rounded hornpad so isn't the same as a vn group A (wheel is pad isnt) on the upside this wheel is minus the radio buttons sometimes found on them so in my eyes that means its worth more (can go on a wider range of vehicles.) the 4-500 ones are geberally early hsv hdt and are quirte rare in good nick. these by comparison are relatively common. but again to the right person Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,388 threads, 42,709 posts and 625 images saved from CT

18.7% of indexed threads saved