Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
hi just wondering about turbo manifolds for ls1. ive heard about reversed manifolds but dont think there ls1 manifolds. what ones do you use and is it good?
who sells ready to go ones and how much?
any info be good thanks mates
0 likes
My boss is running reversed ls1 manifolds on his drag car work well
0 likes
where does the turbo sit on it? infront of passenger headlight? or is it twin turbo? i only want 1
0 likes
STD ve cast mainfold reversed n trimmed a bit, slimar then ls1 early type for chassis rail clearance,passanger side close to alternator but work a treat n cheap!single turbo sits in front off passenger headlight/STD airbox space on Vl..
0 likes
6Boost should be able to supply you with one, otherwise just get a whole kit off ASE. In saying that though, flipped LS1 manifolds do work well, know a guy who's running 600kw in his VT and he's using them.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb6747
[View Post]
STD ve cast mainfold reversed n trimmed a bit, slimar then ls1 early type for chassis rail clearance,passanger side close to alternator but work a treat n cheap!single turbo sits in front off passenger headlight/STD airbox space on Vl..
Do you know what exactly needs to be trimmed ? I'm considering do this with mine once it's engineered .
0 likes
Mines gunna be for Vx ss. Hope I go ahead with it
0 likes
Yeah just need to grand bak abit off da cast were STD 2bolt flange is..
0 likes
28-01-14, 07:08 GMT+10#10 I used VE SS cast manifolds reversed. I think they are L98 or L76 engines..? Picked a set up cheap as sh*t from an exhaust shop, still had the nice heat shields on! Cut them back to clear the rails & weld V-bands on them. Don't waste your time with the 2 bolt flanges, they don't seal as well as v-bands or the 3 bolt manifolds you get off the truck engines. The cross over pipes are 21/4" diameter. The LS1 VT-VZ manifolds wont fit 1st gen cars.
0 likes
29-01-14, 08:48 GMT+10#11 look up gen racing on facebook, guy really knows his stuff, makes manifolds or kits.
0 likes
09-02-14, 17:00 GMT+10#12 Sorry to hijack a thread but save starting anotherone. I've just finished building my 383 for a vs commodore though its not a ls1 it's the good old guzzling 304 block.
In short thinking of going down the single turbo road and want some ideas and preferably some pics of different manifolds.
My options now are reversed standed ones though I think in a detailed bay looks like you lost instrest and just slapped the pipes up.
Another option give it a crack making my own 4-1 steam pipe ones
and the 3rd is bend over and walk funny and get someone like proflow, extream turbo manifolds to make then
Any ideas or photos would be great.
I know I'd love to too the pipes on that vt senator lakerz or ls1 power to get and idea of what I'm after
Thanks
0 likes