Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

[FS - VIC] Vl bt1 1d008-d 88mdl a8 turbo ($22000)

Started by dentsplus · 23 Dec 2013 · 10 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

dentsplusArchived member
For Sale? Or Wanted? FS Price/Amount 22000 Open to Swap? No State VIC Short Description for title? Vl bt1 1d008-d 88mdl a8 turbo Genuine Turbo Motor? A8? Yes Transmission? AUTO Currently Registered? No REGO/VIN Number? - Contact Info Other than this Forum?Description[INDENT] 88mdl bt1 factory plated LW5 MX7 1d008-d yellow
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
this is the one on gumtree that is losing power? Quote: 88 Mdl vl bt1 ex police car!!!!Lw5, mx7 plated car... The real deal! It is a car that just needs a little finishing of which I haven't had time to get around to... Ok now for a start the only reason I'm considering selling is another rare hsv has come up that I want to buy, I've had this car for 4 years approx and have had so many people wanting me to sell it to them, don't mean to be rude but I don't want to get stuck talking to so called experts and hotshots that want to wheel and deal I want 22k for it or more if a few people want it at the same time...It's originally manual but it now has a Yarra valley Jatco auto in it with a 3000 hi stall, I brought the engine of a guy who tells me it's forged built and fresh with a cam and head work,Garret gt 30/40 top mount turbo.6 boost manifoldJd custom plenomXf throtle body Fuel rail and larger injectors(don't know what size)Exhaust system looks to be stainless with a hooker aero chamberCustom madeScreamer pipeWolf 3d computerSo I bought this engine as it was an absolute animal and sounded great so I took the guys word for what work had been done to it,, when I put the engine in the car you could see it had been just built as it had new welsh plugs etc.. When I bought the engine it went a lot harder then it does now but it used to idle and run a little rougher and was always stuffing up the spark plugs so at the moment it's in between tunes,,, Alan at Rajab is the last to tune it and he's got it to run smoother but he tells me it needs bigger injectors (low impedance) to match the Wolf computer,, and I personally think it needs the surge tank connected back up to it, I have a undercar surge tank waiting to be fitted.I don't drive it hard as it's a work in progress but the engine package is capable of 300rwk plus easilyAt the moment it's a tame 230, even that feels awesome So with what Rajab has done in the tune it cuts out at a certain point as it needs more injector, so that was my next step but that's up to new buyer.. Needs the bumpers repainted but I've got brand new ones and bar moulds to go with it.Calais interior needs a clean and new carpet, paint work is ok but no show car, don't bother contacting if your after a show peice because this isn't for u.Battery located in the bootReally unsure if I want to let this Vl go as they are so hard to find and are a new generation of muscle car that everyone is now chasing,, with Holden now leaving Australia I believe value on these is climbing quick.Basically getting to the point only contact me if you want to buy this car not if your thinking about it, the car needs finishing of but what you are getting is a rare car with a lot of extras , it's a real vic police bt1 manual turbo, Yellow. No one is test driving unless your buying it, and no inspections unless we have discussed this car in detail and that you have the funds,, and it's not negotiable at all,If your interested leave me your phone number through ebay msg and I'll call you with more info Posted with eBay Mobile so its got a mismatched dirty interior. paint on bumpers is rough, engine internals are unknown and it doesn't run properly and you want 22 for it? where'd you get the price from? it sounds like a molested example full of claims and unknowns. thats a lot of risk to tke on for 22g.
0 likes
dentsplusArchived member
Ha ha ha... So I guess you won't be purchasing my BT1 today. The following text was deleted by dentsplus but I've restored it aus What a classic lol. I'm real worried dude,, that sort of negative energy only comes right back around at ya. To all the normal people feel free to contact me and my car is not advertised on gumtree. Price is pretty close to offers I've had in the past by people that know myself and the car, so if you don't like the price... Like I said go and buy another 1
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
Seems a bit flogged out. Shame
0 likes
<NICK>Archived member
let the man sell hes car , it will sell for whatever some one is willing to pay end of the day its a bt1 , no matter what nick its in it will fetch a pretty penny
0 likes
dentsplusArchived member
Thanks Nick I appreciate those comments The car actually runs and is tuned nicely only prob is power won't go above 230rwk, it's only injectors and that's been proven and confirmed Strong built Auto Trans (shifts hard and doesn't miss a beat) brand new garret ball bearing turbo Bad points : needs new interior carpet, and a couple of plastic bar moulds and injectors. But I wouldn't call it flogged or molested as the first two posters have claimed All suspension is brand new with all new bushes and rubbers front to back, brand new tyres, it's very tight and tracks perfectly on the road. Car is not loosing power and was not listed on gumtree ever. To any serious buyer I'd be happy to paint replace bar moulds, replace carpet and upgrade injectors, basically get it up to scratch @22k Will keep all updated as had an offer for 20k last night without plates, awaiting he's deposit to show in my account
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
You had a offer of 20k last night? Wow wee ohh boy I'm advertising mine for 30k Ono! Grab the $ and run pal.....
0 likes
MUSArchived member
20k? Wow..... That's a lot of money for a bt1 in this condition, take it. The only way half the people on this forum will pay 20k for a bt1 would be if it was spotless and 100% original! Not needing work or needing original sl sandalwood trim. Good luck with sale, someone will pay your price eventually.
0 likes
dentsplusArchived member
It took 2 days to sell,, it's sold just got picked up half an hour ago. Deanovlct maybee you should put your car up for sale now as there is a couple of buyers around at the moment, one guy offered 20.500 after I'd taken deposit and he seems like a decent bloke if you would like I can get him to contact you, not sure if he's a on CT.. ---------- Post added 26-12-13 at 17:55 ---------- I've still got the plates if any interest pm me
0 likes
HDTVLTArchived member
What are the plates?
0 likes
kevspecArchived member
No reg or roady and motor is dying nothong matching and ypu want 22 that means mine is least 35 then
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today100

8,968 threads, 62,024 posts and 787 images saved from CT

26.2% of indexed threads saved