Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Rear Window Seal Rubber Help

Started by CRMNIL · 9 Dec 2013 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

CRMNILArchived member
Hey guys noticed abit of water in the boot of my Vl exec so traced it up and noticed its coming in through the rear window seal so my question is I am replacing the rear seal I have heard that a VT seal is better? anyhelp will be highly appreciated so I can tell the Window Fitter thanks guys
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
u've prob got the usual rust...front and rear windows. make sure all rust is removed professionally, all new rubber seals installed. car will be water tight.
0 likes
Ant_manArchived member
The VT seal is for modifying the front window, the problem might be more serious and have a rust hole letting the water in wont know until pull the window I guess
0 likes
CRMNILArchived member
There's no visible rust around the window but I think there will be when the windows out I just wasn't sure about if there was a better seal or not thanks so much guys for the help :-)
0 likes
FATPSIArchived member
It could also be behind the rear 1/4 vents we had a vl at work not long ago and the panels had separated slightly and was letting water in. Looked like I was the rear screen rubber but it wasn't
0 likes
CRMNILArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by FATPSI [View Post] It could also be behind the rear 1/4 vents we had a vl at work not long ago and the panels had separated slightly and was letting water in. Looked like I was the rear screen rubber but it wasn't thanks ill check them out aswell to be safe ill get the rubber seal replaced on the rear window aswell thanks
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,602 threads, 76,726 posts and 949 images saved from CT

31.0% of indexed threads saved