Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Vl turbo clutch not disengaging ???

Started by drivnlow · 8 Dec 2013 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

drivnlowArchived member
Hey just wondering if anyone can shed some light on my clutch issue?? How the problem occurred: I was trying to do a burnout in second and dumped the clutch. Didn't get it going to well. Put the clutch back in and was then not disengaging properly. So now it will not go into gear whilst running. The revs do drop a little bit when the clutch in but it's still running forward like its in gear. So I was thinking maybe the clutch fork was bent or broken but I have gearbox out now and it looks okay to me. What should I be looking for next?? If anyone could help that would be much appreciated. Cheers
0 likes
Ant_manArchived member
Seems the box is already out, take the clutch pressure plate off and inspect the friction disc my guess its fried, check the fork pivot ball, free movement of the release bearing carrier etc .
0 likes
drivnlowArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Ant_man [View Post] Seems the box is already out, take the clutch pressure plate off and inspect the friction disc my guess its fried, check the fork pivot ball, free movement of the release bearing carrier etc . Thanks man I'll check the friction disc. I've never really seen a gearbox out of a car so I don't really know what to compare it to but the clutch fork seems to move okay. Needs some more grease. The pivot ball looks okay I guess. The spring that holds the fork onto the pivot ball seems a bit flimsy and although it could come out of place. This could be normal. Cheers for help.
0 likes
drivnlowArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Ant_man [View Post] Seems the box is already out, take the clutch pressure plate off and inspect the friction disc my guess its fried, check the fork pivot ball, free movement of the release bearing carrier etc . Hey mate you were right. The friction disc is cactus. Had to pry it off the pressure plate and pieces were left stuck to the plate. Cheers for your help.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today64

4,802 threads, 29,982 posts and 499 images saved from CT

14.0% of indexed threads saved