Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

rb30 rods

Started by 2ltrbtu · 28 Nov 2013 · 7 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

2ltrbtuArchived member
Hey guys, I am going to rebuild my motor and turbo it, I have a internal gated 3540 and manifold, etc. but what I want to know is how much power will turbo rods handle? cheers
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
What's the AR?
0 likes
2ltrbtuArchived member
The turbo is off a 2006 BF xr6 turbo, the rear housing is 1.06 I will be running around 14 to 16 psi
0 likes
sampoArchived member
i ran over 22psi with mine, internally standard, same turbo, twin cam head and upgraded fuel system. My rev limiter was set at 7500rpm although power would drop off around 6k, they're ment to be good upto around 600hp at which point you run the risk of bending them. ---------- Post added 29-11-13 at 08:42 ---------- non turbo rods
0 likes
madrexArchived member
Power is not so much the problem mate its revs if you put a massive cam in and rev the hell out of it you will **** the rods id say 450 500hp if only reving it to 6500
0 likes
2ltrbtuArchived member
yeah its going to only rev to 6500 anyway... I only want 300rwkw out of it, just a nice cruiser with a bit of go and of course dose I built my last vl motor but I used forgies...ended up selling the car Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
madrexArchived member
300kw will be no worrys as long as tuned nice
0 likes
2ltrbtuArchived member
oh its going to be tuned nice...Willall Racing tune Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today39

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 273 images saved from CT