Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Ls1 cam swap??? Need sujestions

Started by sam11 · 23 Nov 2013 · 7 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

sam11Archived member
Hey guys im due for cam swap within a month or 2. I have already bought a camshaft and valve springs. The cam is a stage 3 crower and specs are 226/232@0.50 566/566 114lsa. Would anyone know how this camshaft would sound?? I also have psi valve springs (single spring). They didnt come with any locks retainers or seats. Would I be able to use the standard ones? If not were could I purchase these? Its a 6spd LS1 .. current mods are twin 2 and a half inch system with 4 into 1 headers otr intake 4.11 gears and mafless tune. Any extra ideas welcome thanks
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
You'll need new pushrods . And probably a good idea to change the timing gear set and oil pump . That cam is mild , it will have a bit of a lope . Places like vpw and rocket can supply those bits otherwise try summit in the states you might save a few bucks .
0 likes
sam11Archived member
Hey mate thanks for that. Yeah I forgot to mention I will be going double row timing chain. And as for pushrods how necessary is it? As im still deciding to either port the heads or not. Im just not sure how far I want go with it.
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
The pushrods will definitely need to be done to get the right pre-load on the lifters .
0 likes
sam11Archived member
Ok ill put that on the list. Wats your opinion on doing lifters n roller rockers aswell? ---------- Post added 24-11-13 at 20:55 ---------- Also wat pushrods would I need to get to match wat ive got?
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
They'll need to measured I'm told . I've been trying to find out which ones to get for mine as I've got a pretty common cam for mine but no one will give me a straight answer . I've bought ls7 lifters for mine , they reckon they're an upgraded lifter . You can buy them from vpw . Don't think you'll get roller rockers under the standard rocker covers .
0 likes
sam11Archived member
Ok mate sounds good. Ill keep you updated on what happens with pushrods might be able to get you an answer. Ive also been told standard are fine... this stuff can get confusing at times loll
0 likes
richie401Archived member
Hey Sam to change your lifters your heads have to come off any way, so you might as well get them ported while there off now, you can use the standard valve lockers cos I was told by flow-craft there pretty good for stranded. Roller rockers I wouldn't bother with cos there too pricey for the little gain the give ya,but it's up to u at the end of the day. You also go on vcm web site to buy things as well, I got most of my stuff from them, n also it would be a good idea to replace the rocker pedestal bolts due to the fact there toque to yield
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 225 images saved from CT