Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

MX7 or not?

Started by Turbo-moruk · 18 Nov 2013 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Turbo-morukArchived member
Hi Guys, Doing a build on my transmission. The car is a factory LW5 MS1 turbo that has been converted to manual. Bought the car with a button clutch. Whilst the transmission is out I am updating the parts and was reverting back to the stock clutch that was easier for day to day driving. I ordered a RB30 vl turbo clutch (10") however when I went to fit it found out it didn't line up to the flywheel. I took the clutch & pressure plate along with the flywheel and the shop swapped it over to the correct clutch. Can a MX7 be fitted with a NA flywheel (9.5")? I'm just trying to make sense of it all as I am not sure what the transmission is. Might even have a R33 box as the tranny itself is fairly big and heavy. Here is the tag of the car (http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/86Brz/media/IMG_0499_zps5145fb7b.jpg.html) Here are pics of the tranny, gave it a coat of silver and cleaned it up (http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/86Brz/media/IMG_0767.jpg.html) (http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/86Brz/media/IMG_0766.jpg.html) (http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/86Brz/media/IMG_0765.jpg.html) The fun and games of trying to figure out what the owners before you have done to the car. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
sell the mx7 save and buy a 33 box they are alot nicer
0 likes
le11811Archived member
put up a pic of the slave cyl thats the only way i can tell between mx7 and r33
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
Yes u can run a 9.5 inch flywheel on a mx7
0 likes
Ant_manArchived member
looking at the bolt pattern for mounting the slave its a non turbo rb30 vl manual Post 380 http://calaisturbo.com.au/showthread...=52408&page=16 (http://calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=52408&page=16) ---------- Post added 09-12-13 at 21:02 ---------- I'm fairly sure the breather is at 12 o'clock on r33 box not 2 o'clock as pictured
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today97

7,520 threads, 49,831 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved