Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Daewoo lanos oil pump seal

Started by ICUL8R · 10 Nov 2013 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

ICUL8RArchived member
I drive a lanos to and from work. It has an oil leak which is pretty bad so i got a new timing belt and oil pump seal with that kit I took the oil pump off to inspect it and refitted it. But ****ed if I can get the oil pump seal over the crank shaft . I got the back half of the seal over with a struggle (where the spring is) and the front half of the seal is basically impossible I've destroyed it, am I doing something wrong. I lubed the surfaces before trying to fit.. Do I need a special tool...?i don't need to change the cam seal but I slid that over the cam shaft without any issue. To see if that seal was just as hard to fit. Are these seals this hard to fit?...
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDinIMBsjsw
0 likes
ICUL8RArchived member
****. I got excited thought I had some advice. I should say its actully the timing cover seal. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
haha sorry mate i couldnt resist
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT