Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

92 hilux issues

Started by VLWAGONIT · 28 Oct 2013 · 0 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VLWAGONITArchived member
G'day, I am currently doing the timeing chain on my mates 92 hilux surf with a 2.4L Petrol motor in it (R22 motor) He was driving to kalgoorlie and about an hr before the half way mark (Merredin) It started getting warm (not hot so I'm told) so he took it easy till Merredin and took it to a mechainc that told him the timing cover was ****ed due to a stretched timing chain so water and oil were mixing (a common issue with these motors). He eventualy made it to Kalgoorlie (another 300ish Km). I pulled the timing cover off and it was rooted, the timing chain had a heap of play in it and the plastic guides were almost completely destroyed. I ordered a new timing chain kit and cover and this morning I replaced the timing chain and did a compression test (just cranking the motor cold) to make sure everything was ok before I went any further. Cyl 1: 160psi Cyl 2: 120psi Cyl 3: 160psi Cyl 4: 60psi So I'm thinking either head gasket is gone, head is warped or rings are ****ed due to water in the oil. Ideas and possible solutions? Any help would be greatly appreciated
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today104

9,460 threads, 65,773 posts and 795 images saved from CT

27.6% of indexed threads saved