Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

VL Group A SS Brock

Started by Soluble · 21 Oct 2013 · 47 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

SolubleArchived member
Hi all, I have the opportunity to purchase a VL Group A SS Brock from my fathers estate. It has been shedded for the last 15 years and has around 75000kms. Am in the process of getting it back up to scratch. Wheels were poor, so have had them redone, interior is in excellent condition but was dirty, so had the whole lot removed and meticulously cleaned. Car still has original paint but requires a lot of work to get it up to standard(A work in progress currently). Car is 100% original. Build number is 365. The side stickers on the photo are the plus pack stickers, it's not a Plus Pack, and they have since been removed and original SS Group A stickers put on. I see these selling for anywhere from $25,000 up to $70,000. I know they are only worth what someone is willing to pay but does anyone have any idea on what they are truly worth as I have to have it valued for the estate so I can purchase. Thanks in advance. ---------- Post added 21-10-13 at 09:25 ---------- Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CHRGD6Archived member
Depends on how quickly you'd want a hypothetical sale to last, I would suggest. You could stick a for sale sign on it at $25,000 and probably have a deposit before the end of the month. Or you could ask ten grand more if you were happy to wait until the end of the year. No locally produced muscle car asking top dollar is ever going to sell straight away, so it'll all come down to how patient you're prepared to be. The fact that it's all original bodes well for you, however the Polariser is the real selling point of these cars and it's the Plus Packs that bring in the real coin.
0 likes
SolubleArchived member
Thanks for the reply! I'm probably looking $25k to purchase from the estate, and around $3k it will cost me to get it back up to standard. So if $28k is worth it for an original neat example then I'm happy!
0 likes
1815261Archived member
a friend of mine bought one in the past year for $30k wich is in my opinion more towards the bottom dollar for these cars.. anything from $30k - $38k i would say for a non plus pack and $38k - $50k for a Plus pack (all being in 8-9/10 condition)
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
44G-50G, whack in a better cam, race cold air tray and exhaust then have the carby dyno tuned.
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Boyracer [View Post] 44G-50G, whack in a better cam, race cold air tray and exhaust then have the carby dyno tuned. Do exactly the opposite of this.
0 likes
SolubleArchived member
Don't plan on doing anything over and above! For now its more of a sentimental car, I had never planned on keeping it, but was somewhat talked into it. Will get some pics up once its done. Its just the paint/external trim detailing to go. Interior is as good as new, engine bay looks great, wheels come up a treat. Only thing not original is the stickers/badges which I ordered the standard ones from HDT.
0 likes
satansLBOArchived member
Good on you mate! Sentimental Value is Priceless, I think it is something you can not afford to miss out on?
0 likes
REALISTArchived member
In the current market 30K is a fair price. If you can get it for less then go for it.
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
They don't make the power they were meant to being the first unleaded V8, livening them up a bit wouldn't detract from its originality but increase its fun factor.
0 likes
CHRGD6Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Boyracer [View Post] They don't make the power they were meant to being the first unleaded V8, livening them up a bit wouldn't detract from its originality but increase its fun factor. I think TheChad is on the money, here. Anyone looking to spend serious money and invest in a car like this (which the OP would be targeting, looking to make money off the sale of the car in the future) would want major mechanical parts like the exhaust and cam' to be as the factory intended
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
Each to their own but standard a VS wagon beats one and most of the mods mentioned can be easily reversed.
0 likes
SolubleArchived member
Heh, it'll stay stock, VY SS kills it anyway, and the need for speed comes in a zx6r. Its going to be a once a month driver for now. I don't see myself needing the cash anytime soon, but if I do it sounds like 28k is an investment worth doing!
0 likes
jetsonracArchived member
Good on you mate sounds like a nice car to own. Hopefully u don't have to sell it at all. And can keep it in the family for many years of enjoyment Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SolubleArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by jetsonrac [View Post] Good on you mate sounds like a nice car to own. Hopefully u don't have to sell it at all. And can keep it in the family for many years of enjoyment That's what helped me decide to keep it, dad worked day and night (literally) to pay cash for it brand new. I know he'd be happy to see it back up and running. I'll keep his original personalized plates on it. Was the first car he bought after having to ride a bike everyday for 4 years. Mighty long time to have no license lol Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
LUXJETArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Boyracer [View Post] Each to their own but standard a VS wagon beats one and most of the mods mentioned can be easily reversed. Sometimes u say some weird ****. It's a classic model vl, who gives a rats ar5e how fast things go. I know what your saying but it's not all about who win at the lights. I remember u telling a kid to put an ecotec into his VLC, just because its faster, doesn't make it right
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
I only suggested it for something different, if I had a GroupA I would want it to hammer.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
get it whatever the price and go from there. you see a lot advertised at 50-75g but not many would sell for that. also there are few and far between you could eat off of. if it is a bit run down thats in your favour. shannons generally value very high well above market value. so go find a buggered one for sale and price against that.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Mate in todays market 30k would be fair,A good unrestored 1 owner with history is better than a restored PP with unkown owners and history.Keep it original and it will always be worth good coin.When people were payng silly prices for these(and that is when I sold mine)everyone thought PP's were the go and worth a shyte load more than a GPA,Now days you will be lucky to find a PP selling for more than a GPA,And if they are asking more you will find they are sitting for a long time.They are not a race car but a very pleasent car to cruz in(believe me I know)Buy her and enjoy the ride! Cheers Marty
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
so have you bitten the bullet yet? dad gave me his hk brougham which was his dream car and he restored it himself when i was a toddler. he says it's ine to do with what i choose but i will always think of it as his and i'd never sell it. i'd regret it for the rest of my life! he was given the option to drive his restored joy every single day or sell it to buy a second family car. obviously he chose the first. its a big call to make driving your restored dream car as a daily. he wouldn't say it bt he'd be shattered if i considered letting it go and would probably claim it back!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today29

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 216 images saved from CT